Admirals Club passes

Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:23 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
I got two passes in a silent auction package once, donated by AA. They are paper, have a blank to write in your name, and a serial number printed on the back...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A few years ago a friend of mine registered for the Gold Challenge (when it was free) and a month or so after getting status he was mailed a pass with a "try us out!" type letter. I found it really odd as he was based in MCO at the time where AA didn't have a Club.

Also, maybe a decade ago I bought some on eBay. They were printed on basically business cards and seemed somewhat suspect to me but were accepted everywhere I used them. They certainly came in handy on an MR I took too. I haven't seen them since though I don't look as much as I used to.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:05 am

I got 4 in the mail. 2 for each one of my Citi AAdvantage.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; SPG Plat;Hertz Pres Circle; Jelly of the Month Club - Marmalade Level
Originally Posted by laxconnorw
You can 'buy' them for 300 points on Business ExtrAA. They do not have any passenger's name on them and expire after one year.
I had done Business ExtrAA points due to expire, do I got some one-day passes. I noticed that the person using the pass must have it in their possession. Meaning that the itinerary and need for passes has to be known prior to departure and pass physically in hand.

I was hoping to be able to use them if I had somebody on an unplanned extended layover. Seems easy enough. "Go to the Admirals Club, give them this number, 1X4397??whatever4." But it doesn't work that way.

Seems a bit....1960's. One can make reservations, buy a ticket, check in and board using an iPhone. But the Admirals Club requires a piece of paper.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
If you have the BUSINESS EXTRAA confirmation #, for the 300 points that you used to buy the AAdmirals Club Day pass, you can give that to whomever you want and they can use that to gain admittance.

I have done that many times.

Originally Posted by OrvilleWright
I had done Business ExtrAA points due to expire, do I got some one-day passes. I noticed that the person using the pass must have it in their possession. Meaning that the itinerary and need for passes has to be known prior to departure and pass physically in hand.

I was hoping to be able to use them if I had somebody on an unplanned extended layover. Seems easy enough. "Go to the Admirals Club, give them this number, 1X4397??whatever4." But it doesn't work that way.

Seems a bit....1960's. One can make reservations, buy a ticket, check in and board using an iPhone. But the Admirals Club requires a piece of paper.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by OrvilleWright

Nope. I would blame this on BE, not AC.
If you purchase online, you can use the confirmation right away
https://www.aa.com/admiralsclub/odp/...obileUAFlag=AA

But, you know BE, the people who take forever to post points. The same people also take 8 to 12 weeks to correct errors, then when the points post you there is no indication of which specific error(s) they cover. They same people that give you awards that seem to book into the same codes as Milesaaver AAdvantage awards, yet seem to have less flight availability than what you can find for Milesaaver awards online. (WHY?) The same people that require you to book through Meeting Services rather than online or through a knowledgeable EXP agent.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
A few years ago a friend of mine registered for the Gold Challenge (when it was free) and a month or so after getting status he was mailed a pass with a "try us out!" type letter. I found it really odd as he was based in MCO at the time where AA didn't have a Club.

Just got one "try us out!" type letter this week with a free one day pass. Offered to buy the Annual pass for $400 instead of $500.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by 168icq
Just got one "try us out!" type letter this week with a free one day pass. Offered to buy the Annual pass for $400 instead of $500.
Me too. Was curious if anyone else did.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I got one just after I qualified for LT Gold.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
(Hand raised.)
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:08 am

My wife got an invitation to join for $350 instead of the usual $450, with that there was a one day pass. I'm already a member and 90% of her travel is with me, so a membership for her would be a waste.

Cool to get a free one day pass though.

--wes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.