Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA85 JFK-SFO F Nov 2012

AA85 JFK-SFO F Nov 2012

Dinner

To Start
Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer
Prosciutto garnished with Parmesan cheese, served with cantaloupe puree

Salad
A combination salad featuring fresh seasonal greens offered with sour cream and herb dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, accompanied by a mozzarella, cherry tomato and fresh basil salad

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course

Beef Fillet with Foyot Sauce
Grilled beef fillet served with a bearnaise-style glace de viande and celery chive potato puree

Cheese Tortellini with Romano Sauce
Homeade tortellini stuffed wit three cheeses, topped with tomato, mushroom, and mozzarella sauce, Parmesan cheese and parsley

Dessert

Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

Light refreshment

Fruit Dessert
Fresh seasonal fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Zeta Cava Brut

White Wines
Black Birch Mountain Sauvignon Blanc
Terlato Pinot Grigio

Red Wines
Prima Voce
Pacific Heights Cabernet Sauvignon

11/12
2cls, First, Dinner - Snack

Apologies for the dark photos (my seat's overhead light wasn't working)...

Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, American AAdvantage, Hyatt
Does the 3:45pm JFK-LAX get a full dinner service or is it a water downed snack service?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cody77
Does the 3:45pm JFK-LAX get a full dinner service or is it a water downed snack service?
Full Dinner.
See post 946, AA85 JFK-SFO is a 3:30P departure.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Also, transcon will always have a meal before 8PM, never a snack.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:50 pm

Just flew from LAX->ORD in First, on my way to Madrid. First time ever in Domestic Business/First, and boy was I disappointed.

There were lot of things that sucked (the confort of the seat, the entertainment, etc. But the meal was the worst. I was in the last row, and got last choice, so I ended up with Teriyaki Steak Salad...

A handful of lettuce, 3 paper-thin, miniscule slices of some sort of beef (less than 1 ounce in total), 3 julienne red peppers, and some bright-white flavorless noodles. It was probably the worst thing I ever ate!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arrosen
It was probably the worst thing I ever ate!
Come on now. It might not be very good but worst thing ever?? Apparently, you've never had a DL lunch.
OT, but of all the good one stop choices to MAD from LAX (LH, LX, BA) why on earth would you choose AA?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
Fully agree!

Indeed AA have had a major menu restructure for domestic First class since the beginning of November and I am rather impressed, both with what I posted about earlier and now.

Now, while the meals are generally smaller, the meals themselves are markedly different.

Until now they have been characterized by large salads, dips and salty "chips" or "Pita Crisps".

I can't post photos currently, but will when I can. However, this evening the choice from ORD to LAX were as described by Robt760 , however the salad was described to me as "Indian Chicken".

I had the latter which I would describe as a mild "Butter Chicken" with basmati rice accompanied by a cucumber and tomato raita salad.

I enjoyed the change immensely.
I flew DFW-PBI and was offered the Indian dish. On my flight, they called it Indian Meatballs. After the fact, the first class cabin all agreed it was chicken.

Needless to say I enjoyed it.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by fieldeng
I flew DFW-PBI and was offered the Indian dish. On my flight, they called it Indian Meatballs. After the fact, the first class cabin all agreed it was chicken.
Our flight attendant last week called it "some kind of dip with pita bread". Imagine my surprise when the meal showed up and it was....not dip with pita bread. I liked it though!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lovely15
Our flight attendant last week called it "some kind of dip with pita bread". Imagine my surprise when the meal showed up and it was....not dip with pita bread. I liked it though!
Good surprise.
That "dip with pita" is one of the snack options...

Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by fieldeng
Indian Meatballs.
Lol considering meatballs are made from ground beef.

But I guess there are kofta type curry dishes so its not too unreasonable of a description, perhaps not the best choice of words.

Besides isn't that AA Indian dish with chickpeas and naan/pita?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Good surprise.
That "dip with pita" is one of the snack options...

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...IMG_0135-M.jpg
Ah, that makes sense now - I believe it should have been a snack flight based on time of day. Who knows.

Last edited by JY1024; Nov 16, 2012 at 9:25 pm Reason: removed img tags in quoted post to save real estate
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Come on now. It might not be very good but worst thing ever?? Apparently, you've never had a DL lunch.
OT, but of all the good one stop choices to MAD from LAX (LH, LX, BA) why on earth would you choose AA?
It was only AA to ORD then IB to Spain.

BA was sold out, the company won't pay for LX and LH was an option, but I wanted AA miles.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Lol considering meatballs are made from ground beef.

But I guess there are kofta type curry dishes so its not too unreasonable of a description, perhaps not the best choice of words.

Besides isn't that AA Indian dish with chickpeas and naan/pita?
True Italian meatball are made with Beef and or Pork/Veal, however, it can be make with chicken or turkey, no set rules on this.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
True Italian meatball are made with Beef and or Pork/Veal, however, it can be make with chicken or turkey, no set rules on this.
As everybody knows, meatballs are Swedish, and we traditionally make them with a mixture of beef and pork. Never poultry, but sometimes moose (very dry, though)
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
Originally Posted by serfty
I had the chicken wrap snack today and asked for another, since there were only 4 of us in F, and it is such a small portion. The FA said he only had the cheese plate left, which I accepted. Both were tasty, but small portions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.