Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:32 pm

I recently flew from LAX-MIA on AA1520 in 777 F. A menu was still in the seat from the previous flight (I am 99% sure it was AA170 NRT-LAX). Here is the majority of that menu.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by will2288; Feb 17, 2012 at 9:05 pm
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
I have, last month, LAX-PVG and PVG-ORD, and I found it pretty similar to J menu to/from Europe. I am vague as I did not take the menus with me:

Appetizer had a distinctive Chinese flavor, some cold pork and drunken shrimp, very good, same both ways. Entrees were unremarkable going over. On the way back, the sweet and sour pork was excellent. Main difference is a mid-course snack which I did not have either way as I was sleeping, noodles or some such thing. Cheese plates were available throughout the flights, but the junk food items were few and poor. On the way back, the 3rd and last meal was a complete breakfast identical to the long European flights.
The champagne was exceptionally good and not as per menu which lists the new systemwide brand. On one of the flights (I do not remember which), I had a glass of red wine with a cheese plate and it was undrinkable. Very nicely, FA took it back and brought me one from FC which was much better.

Contrary to Japanese flights, there is no dedicated Asian meal, just Asian dishes scattered on the main menu. These are far better States bound than China bound, and it makes sense.
Thats appetizer of bbq chicken or pork hasn't changed in over 2 years i think. Not since I've started doing that route anyway.
For anyone doing ORD-PVG, if you are going to eat the Chinese option, I suggest you go to the H4/K4 main food court and buy Manchu Wok and bring it on the plane.
Seriously, the asian main course catered ex-ORD is ugh...
The fried shrimp noodle for mid-flight snack isn't bad however

Give me a couple of days for this month's menu, I'm just about to get on ORD-PVG in J lol
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
[QUOTE=will2288;18037449]I recently flew from LAX-MIA on AA1520 in 777 F. A menu was still in the seat from the previous flight (I am 99% sure it was AA170 NRT-LAX). Here is the majority of that menu.

[IMG][/IMG]

That barbecue shrimp dish looks excellent. I had the beef filet on a SFO JFK flight the week before last that was also really good. Good wine list. I'm on JFK to LHR tonight, and if its the same aircraft (not), maybe they have some leftovers?

Last edited by george 3; Feb 18, 2012 at 11:50 am
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Yes, that is the menu from F on NRT-LAX. Note that it is Dinner with Hot Breakfast, without the Mid-Flight Snack (which would be offered on NRT-ORD/DFW/JFK), though Snack Attack is available.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:27 am

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Don't have the whole menu available, but just got off #70 to FRA yesterday and frankly I think the J catering has really stepped up since I last flew. The entree choices were all very good looking and I had what I probably think was one of the best airline meals I've had. It was a shrimp and scallop dish over rice and ratatouille with a curry sauce. It was excellent. The gentlemen next to me had the typical beef fillet, and it looked like a decent 4oz serving cooked very nicely. Even the salad was better than expected.

I'm curious if the 767 J service is a step above the 777 service?

Kudos to AA for stepping up the catering.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by gwade
I'm curious if the 767 J service is a step above the 777 service?
That seems to be the consensus here - on a long-haul flight where the highest cabin is J, the service ranks somewhere between 3-class J and F. The sundaes in 767 J are always a step above the kibble 'n' cream they serve on 777 J, for one.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by Science Goy
That seems to be the consensus here - on a long-haul flight where the highest cabin is J, the service ranks somewhere between 3-class J and F. The sundaes in 767 J are always a step above the kibble 'n' cream they serve on 777 J, for one.
Sir, the official FT term is "Sludge".
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
on a long-haul flight where the highest cabin is J, I hope you aren't talking about Canadian or Central American flights. What long haul flight does AA only have J and Y?

Originally Posted by Science Goy
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
on a long-haul flight where the highest cabin is J, I hope you aren't talking about Canadian or Central American flights. What long haul flight does AA only have J and Y?
Anything on a 763 (including the flight I'm taking in a few hours to SCL)...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Most of AA's long-haul service is J and Y on 767s and 757s. The only exception is the 777 flying to London and Asia which is three cabin F, J and Y.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
The only exception is the 777 flying to London and Asia which is three cabin F, J and Y.
As well as a handful of South American cities.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
AA 289
Chicago O'Hare to Shanghai Pudong (ORD-PVG)
Business Class
Feb 2012

Lunch

To Start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Appetizer
Spicy Shrimp and beef roulade

Salad
Fresh Seasonal Greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with pepper cream dressing, or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic Vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted Gourmet Breads (Cheese, White, Wheat)

Main Course
Beef Fillet with Mushroom Sauce
Grilled fillet of beef served with a creamy morel mushroom sauc, Brussels sprouts with pancetta and orzo ratatouille

Ginger Soy Sea Bass
Pan-Fried sea bass enhanced by a sweet ginger soy sauce served with baby bok choy, shiitake mushroom, carrot and steamed jasmine rice with chives

Adobo Chicken
Served with achiote truffle sauce, purple mashed potatoes, vanilla scented corn and scallions
A signature Richard Sandoval item

Garden Lasagna
Lasagne layered with a blend of cheeses, complemented by diced zucchini, carrots, and broccoli toppeed with tomatio basil sauce
A signature Nancy Brussat item

Dine Upon Request
Steamed Rice available upon request

Dessert
Ice Cream
Ben & Jerry’s Fair Trade chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallows and chopped walnuts

Fruit and Cheese
Garlic and black pepper caciotta and manchego cheese with fresh grapes and pecans

Snack Attack
Please feel free to help yourself to an assortment of sweets and other snacks near our galley, at any time after your meal

Mid-Flight Snack
Stir-Fried Noodles
Asian-Style stir-fried noodles topped with sesame shrimp

Light Sandwich
Yakitori Chicken, red pepper and Monterey Jack cheese wrap served with a brownie and fresh fruit

Light Meal

Main Course
Uno’s Pizza
An Individual deep-dish Farmer’s Market pizza served with a green salad and Caesar Dressing

Cilantro Chicken
Fresh Cilantro marinated chicken served chilled over a bed of seasoned summer noodles

Dessert
Banana Chocolate Drizzle Cake

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled Sparkling or Still water with a fresh citrus garnish
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:10 am

AA 170
Tokyo Narita to Los Angeles (NRT-LAX)
Business Class
Feb 2012

Dinner

To Start
Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer
A selection of sushi

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens offered with creamy Asian dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Wasabi Chicken
Sauteed breast of chicken served with a creamy wasabi sauce, spinach risotto and chateau carrots

Beef Fillet with Chasseur Sauce
Grilled Tenderloin of beef offered with a chasseur sauce, potatoes dauphinoise and roasted mixed vegetables

Pork Noodle Bowl
Marinated tender pork sautéed with carrots, peppers and shiitake mushrooms in a Chinese sauce served over fried noodles

Wok Barbecue Shrimp
Barbecue Shrimp accented by spicy papaya pineapple chutney, paired with fried brown rice with bacon, shimeji mushrooms and mixed vegetables ratatouille
A signature Sam Choy item

Dine Upon Request
Steamed Rice is available on request

Dessert
Ice Cream
Vanilla ice cream accompanied by Raspberry sauce and crumble topping

Fresh Seasonal Fruits

Snack Attack
Please feel free to help yourself to an assortment of sweets and other snacks near our galley, at any time after your meal

Breakfast

Breakfast Breads
A selection of breakfast breads

Main Course
Swiss Cheese Omelette
A fluffy cheese omelette offered with paprika onion potatoes, Gruyere glazed tomatoes and herb chicken sausage

Cereal and Yogurt
Kellogg’s cereal and creamy fruit yogurt

Express Breakfast
Served 45 minutes prior to landing to allow you to sleep as long as possible
Warm breakfast breads, seasonal fruit and your choice of beverage

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

Wow, this is so similar to the First Class menu
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:11 am

AA 170
Tokyo Narita to Los Angeles (NRT-LAX)
Business Class (Japanese Meal)
Feb 2012/Winter

Dinner

To Start
A selection of sushi

Main Dish
Kobachi
Smoked Salmon and seaweed salad served with green curl, yellow cherry tomato, nagaimo-yam, diced red onion and Japanese Wasabi Dressing

Hassun
Grilled Whitefish with cheese, wild plant omelette, grilled marinated prawns, grilled chicken skewer with wasabi paste, vinegared carrot with radish julienne and salmon roe

Simmer Dish
Simmered konjak and zenmai vegetables served with crabmeat paste, fried bean curd roll and mizuna leaf

Entrée
Deep-fried golden thread with crabmeat starch sauce accompanied by simmered lotus root, bamboo shoot and shishito pepper

Soup
Miso Soup with tofu and wakame seaweed

Accompanied by steamed rice and assorted seasonal pickles
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
MAD-JFK 1030 departure

Lunch choices on today's MAD-JFK:

Chateaubriand with Mushroom Sauce
Shrimp and Scallop Provencal
Foie Gras Stuffed Chicken
Pecorino Gnocchi

Prearrival Light Meal:
Uno's Farmer's Market Pizza
Gourmet Salad

Additional meal photos in the AA gallery linked below.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.