Please Help Me Be the Grand Prize Winner of the 2011 Road Warrior Competition

Subscribe
Flyertalker,

I am honored to be named as one of the five winners of this year's American Way Road Warrior Contest. I would be grateful if you take the time to vote for me (Neal Gottlieb - here's my entry: http://hub.aa.com/en/finalists?zonemode=topnav3) and think that you should for the following reasons:

A. I actually do fly a lot and will soon qualify for my third consecutive year as Executive Platinum. I will end the year with at least 126,000 EQM and likely more like 135,000.

B. Although I am an active reader of Flyertalk, I don't waste anybody's time running up my post count (except in this instance).

C. I am not claiming to be king of flying - just a guy who flies a lot and who can write some decent essays.

D. I too wonder why a contest about flying is called the Road Warrior Challenge.

E. I won't bore you with a sob story.

F. I'm not hideous and won't make your eyes bleed when you see me on the cover of American way. Nor am I George Clooney pretty, so you have no cause to hate me.

G. Once you recognize me and sit next to me on a flight, you'll probably end up with a coupon for a free pint of (really good) ice cream.

H. Once you recognize me for being on the cover and see me in the baggage claim with my coolers, you might end up with a pint of ice cream.

I. I'll do a full write up following the contest to share my experiences with the contest, photoshoot, being on the cover of American Way, et cetera if folks are interested.

J. I'm am the 99%. Ok, I don't actually know what that means. But it sounded better than saying I am the 1%.

K. If I win, you'll be able to recognize me and ask me to bring you into the Admirals Club with me.

L. I've never churned credit cards or ordered coins from the U.S. Mint. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

M. I will donate some miles to a worthy cause if I win. Probably 100,000, maybe more. I am open to suggestions as to where to donate them.

N. I have served our great country as a Peace Corps Volunteer and volunteer for the U.S. Forest Service.

O. You can win 100,000 AA miles by voting.

P. I'm not above begging you to and am literally down on my knees typing this as I beg for your vote.

Here is the link to vote:

http://hub.aa.com/en/finalists?zonemode=topnav1

Thank you for your consideration!
Neal Gottlieb
"Neal’s proudest achievements, in addition to starting Three Twins (ice cream) and being named a Road Warrior finalist, include completing a 62-mile running race, reaching the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro and churning a batch of ice cream with ice harvested from the glacier closest to the summit, and being named Entrepreneur of the Year by San Francisco’s Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center."

Anyone that certifiable is a member in good standing of FlyerTalk!

======================MODERATOR NOTE=====================

Here's the deal: Anyone who votes (for any of the five challengers) and posts they have voted (we don't care who you voted for, technically, though if your preference is the ice cream sundae on AA we already know ) will be entered into a random drawing for two SWUs expiring 29 February 2012.

Note: We have THREE FlyerTalkers vying for this honor:

nhg AKA Neal Gottleib, as seen in the post above, and

Blue925, AKA Claire Luna, whose information can be viewed here.

Bcacho, AKA Bruce Cacho-Negrete, whose information can be viewed here.

The main AA page listing candidates and leading to the voting is here
Is it just me or do none of the entries have anything to do with flying on AA? N.B. I voted for you anyway as I CAN be bought.
What happened with the dinner date???
Congrats!!
i just voted
You just got my vote. Good luck!
Quote: What happened with the dinner date???
The dinner date was followed up by seeing her stateside once where she accidentally spilled an entire bowl of buffalo chili on me. There was no wiping that up; she actually went and bought me a new shirt. And that was it.

While it would have been nice to marry somebody with a Lifetime AAirpass, it just wasn't there and I didn't want to have to compete with her daughter for the companion seat (Yes, her 7 year-old daughter was in her PJs up in F next to us as we enjoyed our dinner date).
"L. I've never churned credit cards or ordered coins from the U.S. Mint. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)"

But have you ordered any of the Amish furnaces?!

When you win, tell American Way to take a few pages out of the next few months' issues and save some money to buy some better web servers. Their site is ssssllllllooooowwwwwww (like Billy Madison learning Spanish from his gardener).

Good luck! Neil, 2012!
I'm pleased to have voted for Neal. Hope he wins.

Now, about the ice cream. Your website shows that it is available at Whole Paycheck stores but it does not list the Woodland Hills store, the closest Whole Foods to me. Is it a website glitch or is it really not available in the Valley?
Happy to vote for you!
Any friend of jdiver's is a friend of mine. You've got my vote.
Quote: The dinner date was followed up by seeing her stateside once where she accidentally spilled an entire bowl of buffalo chili on me. There was no wiping that up; she actually went and bought me a new shirt. And that was it.

While it would have been nice to marry somebody with a Lifetime AAirpass, it just wasn't there and I didn't want to have to compete with her daughter for the companion seat (Yes, her 7 year-old daughter was in her PJs up in F next to us as we enjoyed our dinner date).
Alright, I'll vote for you.
Quote: I'm pleased to have voted for Neal. Hope he wins.

Now, about the ice cream. Your website shows that it is available at Whole Paycheck stores but it does not list the Woodland Hills store, the closest Whole Foods to me. Is it a website glitch or is it really not available in the Valley?
We're adding accounts faster than we can keep up on our store finder (and are launching a new website in a couple weeks, so have been focused on that).

We do sell in Woodland Hills. They have the Madagascar Vanilla, Mint Confetti (mint with flecks of dark chocolate), Bittersweet Chocolate, Cookies & Cream, Vanilla Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Mocha Difference (coffee w/flecks of dark chocolate).

Thank you very much to all who have voted. It feels like running for 3rd grade student council all over again, which was also kinda fun back in the day.
Well, we happen to live near the one Whole Foods that sells scoops (Cupertino). Had to go there today to get some steel cut oatmeal. I'll probably bypass the scoop and just get a pint today

Cheers.
Consider yourself "helped". My vote has been cast.

E