Travel Agency Selling Tickets with Airmiles

Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Travel Agency Selling Tickets with Airmiles

Hello,

I am trying to buy 1 way business fares (PAR - SFO - SGN). The prices from airlines are too expensive for me. Fly Luxus an online travel agency is selling tickets using airmiles that they purchased. I can't find any reference to them in FT and I am hesitant to purchase. Does anyone know if this is legit or not and/or other solution how I can buy this flight route?

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by laboheme
Hello,

I am trying to buy 1 way business fares (PAR - SFO - SGN). The prices from airlines are too expensive for me. Fly Luxus an online travel agency is selling tickets using airmiles that they purchased. I can't find any reference to them in FT and I am hesitant to purchase. Does anyone know if this is legit or not and/or other solution how I can buy this flight route?

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel
Selling miles is a big no no with AA. Unless you at the last minute want someone to show up and demand that you buy a walk up fare. You can try maybe Hotwire or Priceline and see what kind of fare you get.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:23 am

Smile Fly Luxus

Hi to all !!
I bought anc continuing buying with Fly Luxus. They are very serious and I never had a problem with them. Im travelling a lot, at kleast one time per month and I only need to thanks to our support that they give me !
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:50 am
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by paulojch
Hi to all !!
I bought anc continuing buying with Fly Luxus. They are very serious and I never had a problem with them. Im travelling a lot, at kleast one time per month and I only need to thanks to our support that they give me !
What a poorly written post. Welcome flyluxus troll.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:52 am
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Hello,

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel
Personally, I would never deal with a company whose website looks so cheesy.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:58 am

Hello,

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel
Definitely don't buy from a website like that. What they are doing is against AA rules and possibly illegal as well.

Try consolidators, creative routing or connections, or buying miles to upgrade economy tickets.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 2:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Hi to all !!
I see you just registered today. How did you come upon this particular thread? It hasn't been on the front page since July. You might see why some are skeptical here.

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Oct 30, 2011, 2:19 am

If it sounds too good to be true..........
Old Oct 30, 2011, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BAK
What a poorly written post. Welcome flyluxus troll.
Indeed..probably written by the same person who wrote the website!!

"For a prompt quote, please complete the form bered fields are marked *"

"Miles 4 Money offers the best market rates, in addition to cash payment. Our team is highly professional amd will know the best advise to get your satisfaction with reliable and discreet way.
Miles 4 Money buy all types of air miles and credit card points."
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:36 am

Thanks for the welcome
Well, I thought that the forum is to discuss what anyone think or not ? sorry if I did something wrong
Old Oct 30, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Hi to all !!
You shouldn't have to buy discount after you got 5.8 million dollars from the email that Mr. Iwantotakeyour money from Nigeria sent you. You did get the money that was frozen in the bank, didn't you?

Somebody delete this thread please!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Definitely don't buy from a website like that. What they are doing is against AA rules and possibly illegal as well.

Try consolidators, creative routing or connections, or buying miles to upgrade economy tickets.
I wonder if AA or any other airline will go after FlyLuxus..who are blatantly violating the rules by selling miles.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Here's the deal (verifiable by searching for the stories of those who have used purchased miles, etc.):

American Airlines has a very active AAdvantage Audits office; they scour their databases, eBay, Craig's List and even fora like FlyerTalk, for those in violation of AAdvantage Terms and Conditions <link>. In part:

Originally Posted by AAdvantage Terms and Conditions
At no time may AAdvantage mileage credit or award tickets be purchased, sold or bartered (including but not limited to transferring, gifting, or promising mileage credit or award tickets in exchange for support of a certain business, product, or charity and/or participation in an auction, sweepstakes, raffle, or contest). Any such mileage or tickets are void if transferred for cash or other consideration.

Violators (including any passenger who uses a purchased or bartered award ticket) may be liable for damages and litigation costs, including American Airlines attorneys fees incurred in enforcing this rule.

Use of award tickets that have been acquired by purchase or for any other consideration may result in the tickets being confiscated or the passenger being denied boarding. If a trip has been started, any continued travel will be at the passenger's expense on a full-fare basis. The passenger and member may also be liable to American Airlines for the cost of a full fare ticket for any segments flown on a sold or bartered ticket.
Buying or selling miles, and especially so if they are agency-bought and used to sell tickets, are in strict violation of those terms and conditions, AA will go after the sellers, the agents and the buyers.

So, what can possibly happen? At least, just as it says in T&Cs, you show up to board your flight and are asked to wait a bit and then you are greeted by a smiling face or two that tell you your ticket is worthless; the only way you will fly that day is to purchase a full walk-up fare. If you are an AAdvantage account holder, you may find your account frozen, and could lose status and miles.

The bumping up a thread by a new member (welcome to FlyerTalk, by the way,) does not make it any less risky - and such posts endorsing fraudulent activities will cause threads to be locked or be deleted.

As we are discussing issues here that are contrary to FlyerTalk's Rules and Guidelines, this thread will now rest in peace.

Originally Posted by FlyerTalk TOS
Furthering Illegal Activity - link to this guideline

Posts that further illegal activity (i.e., buying and selling of awards, direct fraud upon any program) will be removed without notice and posting members' FlyerTalk accounts subjected to revocation.
JDiver, Senior Moderator / Moderator American AAdvantage Forum

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 30, 2011 at 8:09 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.