Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:18 pm

Sorry if this was already answered in the thread, but I looked and couldn't find it. With the Admiral's Club membership that comes with this card, do I have to be flying on an American flight to use it? Or can I go in even if I'm flying, say, United that day?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
Sorry if this was already answered in the thread, but I looked and couldn't find it. With the Admiral's Club membership that comes with this card, do I have to be flying on an American flight to use it? Or can I go in even if I'm flying, say, United that day?
It is a full AC membership. You can use the club even when flying another airline - assuming you can get to the terminal where the AC is located.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Pedro M
It is a full AC membership. You can use the club even when flying another airline - assuming you can get to the terminal where the AC is located.
Even better, you don't have to be flying at all! With notice (I believe 24 hours), you can arrange a gate pass to simply use the club for business.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 5MM; Hertz President's Circle; Hilton Gold
Where are my EQM's???

Went over the spend requirement for 10,000 EQM's with my November 14 statement posting. RDM's showed up on AA.com the same day. Have since had another statement post on December 13 and those RDM's also promptly posted. But as of today still no EQM's added to my account which I need to push me over EXP requalification. Yes I know they are supposed to just show up in total, not a separate listing. Have made 4 calls to Citi who keep bouncing me to AA customer service who then point the finger back at Citi for not "sending over " the benefit. Has anyone else had this problem or had the EQM's show up in the last 6 weeks? If so how long did it take. And if they don't show up till January will they count for this year? As I read the T&C's the answer should be yes but has anyone experienced this?

Extremely frustrated
Old Dec 24, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
Can take up to 8 weeks to post, from what I have read you will get credit for them for the statement end date you went over the 40k threshhold. In other words you should get credit for 2013 even if the EQM don't post until jan/feb.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Advice needed on which card to use

I have AA Plat for 2014. I will probably be 10,000 to 15,000 EQMs short of renewing AA Plat by the end of 2014, and so need a credit card that has some EQMs with it. I found two:

1. The Citi Executive card, with 10,000 EQMs for a $40,000 annual spend and a $450 fee. I do not have this card at the moment and would ask for an upgrade from my Citi AA World Platinum card.

2. My current US Barclay Premium World card will convert 10,000 RDMs to 10,000 Premier Miles after a $25,000 annual spend. The card fee is $89 annually. For an additional $375 I can get US club access and another 5,000 EQMs. Some Barclaycard holders seem to get 10,000 RDMs at annual renewal. I do not. I do get the companion certs, etc., but never use them as I never fly US.

I will mainly fly AA in 2014. I only have about 3,000 EQMs booked on AA Jan to March 2014. I am thinking that from April 2014 onwards I will be able to enter my US FF number each time I fly AA and get the EQMs earned there into my US account. By the end of the year I should have US Gold Preferred status, which would then translate into AA Plat for 2015.

Both cards get me AC access after April 2014, for about the same fee. The AMEX card gets me AC access from now till April, while the Barclay card gets me RCC access from now till April, so I see that as a wash since most airports I fly to have both.

As I see it, the Barclay card/amass US miles route is the way to go, as I get an extra 5,000 EQMs for the same fee and I have the opportunity to buy up to Gold Preferred at the end of the year. I know AA allowed people to buy up to Plat this year, but I'm not sure if they will have that promotion again in 2014.

Can anyone see any problems with my plan to go with the Barclaycard?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
I went over my spend 11/27 but have not had EQM's post yet. I spoke to Citi early December and the rep called AA to make sure miles were reported but they did say it could be mid-January before they get applied......
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I have AA Plat for 2014. I will probably be 10,000 to 15,000 EQMs short of renewing AA Plat by the end of 2014, and so need a credit card that has some EQMs with it. I found two:

1. The Citi Executive card, with 10,000 EQMs for a $40,000 annual spend and a $450 fee. I do not have this card at the moment and would ask for an upgrade from my Citi AA World Platinum card.

2. My current US Barclay Premium World card will convert 10,000 RDMs to 10,000 Premier Miles after a $25,000 annual spend. The card fee is $89 annually. For an additional $375 I can get US club access and another 5,000 EQMs. Some Barclaycard holders seem to get 10,000 RDMs at annual renewal. I do not. I do get the companion certs, etc., but never use them as I never fly US.

I will mainly fly AA in 2014. I only have about 3,000 EQMs booked on AA Jan to March 2014. I am thinking that from April 2014 onwards I will be able to enter my US FF number each time I fly AA and get the EQMs earned there into my US account. By the end of the year I should have US Gold Preferred status, which would then translate into AA Plat for 2015.

Both cards get me AC access after April 2014, for about the same fee. The AMEX card gets me AC access from now till April, while the Barclay card gets me RCC access from now till April, so I see that as a wash since most airports I fly to have both.

As I see it, the Barclay card/amass US miles route is the way to go, as I get an extra 5,000 EQMs for the same fee and I have the opportunity to buy up to Gold Preferred at the end of the year. I know AA allowed people to buy up to Plat this year, but I'm not sure if they will have that promotion again in 2014.

We know you'll be able to credit flights on US to AA and vice versa next year, but it's possible you may not be able to move the EQMs credited to your US account to your AA one.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Wait until the new AA makes an announcement about its integration plans in early January (Jan 7 ?). A lot of questions will be answered then.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM; Hertz President's Circle; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nalismom
I went over my spend 11/27 but have not had EQM's post yet. I spoke to Citi early December and the rep called AA to make sure miles were reported but they did say it could be mid-January before they get applied......
I am in the same boat. Went over spend on November 14. Today's call to Citi (my 5th since end of November, several of which referred me over to AA) resulted in a new answer. Citi now says that AA advised them weeks ago that there are internal system problems at AA (you think?) that have delayed posting of the Executive Card EQM's and that it will be first week of January before they get posted but they will count for 2013 qualification . Was given all sorts of different previous responses from AA blaming Citi for not sending them. We shall see. Sounds like Ventana has struck again.

Representative of Citi was nice enough to give me an additional 5000 RDM's for my repeated phone calls
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I crossed the $40k threshold the week of Thanksgiving. I have been looking for the miles to post before 12/31.

But in all honesty it wouldn't bother me if the EQM posted for 2014 for a little head start for next year.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone received any companion certs with this card? I used to get them with one of the other cards (cancelled a long time ago).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.