Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
According to fairfax, they will not be carrying it at this time but pentagon has 22 in inventory and 13 at sterling. Both are a pita for me, so I'll wait and hopebfairfax or chantilly get included at some point

Noticed the above, but I just got off the phone.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: AA PLT
I agree -- given the cost of gas right now and that driving is real time (as opposed to looking for discount codes on-line at work....) this 10% is a great deal if the location can be conveniently worked into your route.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Originally Posted by Robt760
If it were British Airways, they would find a way to charge a tax/surcharge.
Ha! All too painfully true...
Old May 25, 2011, 12:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by fishee
I agree -- given the cost of gas right now and that driving is real time (as opposed to looking for discount codes on-line at work....) this 10% is a great deal if the location can be conveniently worked into your route.
I forgot to post that I bought a few GC's this past Friday (20th) @Hawthorne. Didn't have right CC with me but used the Penfed AMEX so I got something. Store on way home but added a few extra minutes to my Friday commute home. Worth it for the discount.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by bbmatt
no more at hawthorne costco just came back and they still had their entire display up, but no more in stock
Hawthorne Costco has 130 cards as of today.

Also, of those that are not near a costco location that carries these GCs, have you tried http://www.plasticjungle.com/ ?

They have AA gift cards for sale often times at 9% off....which is not too bad of a deal, if you ask me.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by silvermaple

Also, of those that are not near a costco location that carries these GCs, have you tried http://www.plasticjungle.com/ ?

They have AA gift cards for sale often times at 9% off....which is not too bad of a deal, if you ask me.
I have tried plastic jungle once or twice and recently one that I purchased was later found purchased with a stolen credit card. AA made me pay the difference the day before the flight and I'm working with PJ to get my money back. Of course any GC purchases carry risk.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Good to see this thread. I have to head to the Kirkland, WA Costco in the next couple days anyways for re-stocking. I'll now keep an eye out for AA gift cards on my trip there.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by mikelat
Good to see this thread. I have to head to the Kirkland, WA Costco in the next couple days anyways for re-stocking. I'll now keep an eye out for AA gift cards on my trip there.
When I called the Seattle store a couple days ago they said no stores in the Northwest had ever received any.
Old May 26, 2011, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by folex386
I have tried plastic jungle once or twice and recently one that I purchased was later found purchased with a stolen credit card. AA made me pay the difference the day before the flight and I'm working with PJ to get my money back. Of course any GC purchases carry risk.
And a starbucks card i ordered from them arrived partially used. Unfortunately i only found out after buying smth with it and noticing the discrepancy in remaining balance. I'll avoid dealing with them again.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
>100 in stock

Originally Posted by silvermaple

Yes, Hawthorne Costco has >100 in stock, I called on the way home (prior to log on FT).
Old May 26, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bacai
Yes, Hawthorne Costco has >100 in stock, I called on the way home (prior to log on FT).
They have 5 less now
Old May 27, 2011, 4:02 pm

If they had any at the Mountain View, CA Costco last night I couldn't find them.
Old May 28, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
And a starbucks card i ordered from them arrived partially used. Unfortunately i only found out after buying smth with it and noticing the discrepancy in remaining balance. I'll avoid dealing with them again.
I purchased 3 ToyRUs GCs and 1 AA gift card. All arrived as promised with the appropriate balance and I had no problems using them.

My experience has been good so far....hope it stays that way
Old May 28, 2011, 3:22 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA AA LifetimePLT-2MM; SPG Platinum; HHDiamond
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Just bought 8 in Hawthorne CA Costco
Old May 28, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by asimperson
If they had any at the Mountain View, CA Costco last night I couldn't find them.
As of ~2PM today, they had over 300 in stock. Located with all the other gift cards, middle section of the store, towards the checkout area. Went back after calling and got some today ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.