Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
None at south Austin store. Staff never heard of them.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stripe
None at south Austin store. Staff never heard of them.
Nor at the north one; I asked yesterday.

Regards
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:42 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by ls321
Just bought some at Costco in Glenview, IL. Sales clerk said they had "hundreds" left and the cards were not selling as quickly as expected (at least in that store).
Originally Posted by brp
Just picked up 10 at the Sunnyvale,CA (Lawrence) CostCo. A fellow FTer was with us and picked up 20.

Cheers.
It boggles my wee mind that anyone who posts a request in the "Promo code" thread is not out purchasing GCs. After all this is not 10% off a base fare but 10% off the all-in.

It has already been pointed out up thread that these easily could be up to 15% if one has a costco executive membership and a cashback amex. @:-)

And this little wee mind is waiting for the daily double. A promo discount purchased with GCs.

Last edited by magic111; Jun 29, 2011 at 8:45 am
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by magic111
It boggles my wee mind that anyone who posts a request in the "Promo code" thread is not out purchasing GCs. After all this is not 10% off a base fare but 10% off the all-in.

It has already been pointed out up thread that these easily could be up to 15% if one has a costco gold membership and a cashback amex. @:-)

And this little wee mind is waiting for the daily double. A promo discount purchased with GCs.
Zip it!!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: AA,DL
Talking

Good news for a Monday--Costco Bunker Hill (Houston) has the cards this morning.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by lauterbrunnen
Good news for a Monday--Costco Bunker Hill (Houston) has the cards this morning.
Welcome to the AAdvantage Forum lauterbrunnen - especially with good new for some.

Have to say your FT name is one of my favorite places in all the world to visit.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
I am working in the DC area this week and stopped by the Pentagon City Costco to buy some (20) gift cards. 277 in stock as of this afternoon.

Safe Travels
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by scubadu
Nor at the north one; I asked yesterday.

Regards
Call your local Costco again and give them the item number: 576515

They should be able to tell you the nearest Costco which carries these gift cards.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:11 am

Called the Southlake, TX store with the item number and was told "we don't carry that product" I then asked if any of the stores in DFW do and she said "no one in this area does" Bummer.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by wsteed311
Called the Southlake, TX store with the item number and was told "we don't carry that product" I then asked if any of the stores in DFW do and she said "no one in this area does" Bummer.
Maybe AA does not want to stock in DFW because of the significant hold they have on that market.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:41 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Xero
Maybe AA does not want to stock in DFW because of the significant hold they have on that market.
Actually, that makes a lot of sense. They have no need to provide discounts in Dallas. Of course, not sure why they have these in a bunch of SJC-area CostCos as they don't really fly out of that airport anymore

Cheers.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I doubt it's AA making the decisions which Costco's carry the cards. That's like us deciding where AA flies. It don't happen that way. I'm sure someone in RM at Costco is targetting which warehouses make sense and they are in the same vacuum as AA RM.

I suggest keep asking your local Costco, maybe they can get some if they see the interest is there. Imagine the business they'd do if they put them online!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
I doubt it's AA making the decisions which Costco's carry the cards. That's like us deciding where AA flies. It don't happen that way. I'm sure someone in RM at Costco is targetting which warehouses make sense and they are in the same vacuum as AA RM.

I suggest keep asking your local Costco, maybe they can get some if they see the interest is there. Imagine the business they'd do if they put them online!
Good point. Usually Costco and the merchant negotiate a pricing. We don't know what the agreement between the two companies might have been. I would think these gift cards would be incredibly popular in the DFW area.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:25 pm

I think it's a safe bet AA might have requested Costco not offer them in certain locations.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:47 pm

How sweet it is! Plenty of cards at Los Angeles Los Feliz store today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.