Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight change: nonstop to layover?!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Dreaming again

Won't it be nice if as a passenger we could use the same rules on the airlines that they use on us.

That we could charge the airline a change fee like they do us that will be $150 please.

Or my favorite charge them the fare difference to get back on a non-stop plus the change fee.

But then again I would be happy enough to get my actual money back, not monopoly money (voucher) if it actually made that big of a difference to me.

And then I woke up.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by swanscn
Or my favorite charge them the fare difference to get back on a non-stop plus the change fee.
That's a good point...There are various taxes and 9/11 fees associated with every take-off and landing cycle. So a nonstop from LAX to BOS will be charged less in taxes than a LAX-DFW-BOS flight. Let's say AA reschedules you from the LAX-DFW-BOS to the nonstop. That means that there's about $20 or $30 in taxes that AA doesn't have to pay. We all know that you don't get a refund in such an event, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that AA doesn't pay the $$ to the FAA...they just pocket the difference.

Bolshevism lives...they just renamed it "free enterprise!" :-:
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by lobo411
That's a good point...There are various taxes and 9/11 fees associated with every take-off and landing cycle. So a nonstop from LAX to BOS will be charged less in taxes than a LAX-DFW-BOS flight. Let's say AA reschedules you from the LAX-DFW-BOS to the nonstop. That means that there's about $20 or $30 in taxes that AA doesn't have to pay. We all know that you don't get a refund in such an event, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that AA doesn't pay the $$ to the FAA...they just pocket the difference.

Bolshevism lives...they just renamed it "free enterprise!" :-:
AA's rationale is that they do not charge you if a schedule change incurs additional fees, so likewise they do not refund the fees if a change eliminates them. Supposedly it all evens out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.