BBVA Former Guaranty Miles Checking Devaluation

Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:22 pm

saint -

Just to be clear, we don't yet have firm info on the BankDirect potential change.

There has been no official word, just posts about what posters heard.

But, yes, if both change, the landscape changes significantly. You have to wonder if they either communicated with each other, or if someone at AA communicated with both.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Hi Joseph,

Yeah, true but I'd have to believe that the BD thing is happening. In light of this news from BBVA devaluating and the OP stating they got a letter specifically stating that the devaluation is happening March 25, I'd have to believe that BD will also have a change.

Oh well....we can hope there aren't further devaluations...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Yea, just got the letter. Build to order account, pick 2 features from like about 6, one of them being $25 annual cash bonus. Wonder if the $25 is taxable.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Ready to walk the money away and have been waiting for the last AA miles posting for March. Every month it posted on the 10th but not this month.
Today is the 14th, have anyone got their miles posted this month? Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by milemission
Ready to walk the money away and have been waiting for the last AA miles posting for March. Every month it posted on the 10th but not this month.
Today is the 14th, have anyone got their miles posted this month? Thanks!
Nope - I haven't gotten mine yet, but even though they usually show a posting date of the tenth, I usually don't see it in my account until at least the 14th. So I'd give it a couple more days.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
My wife's account posted today. Mine has not.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by FrAAmer
My wife's account posted today. Mine has not.
Seems strange. Do they usually post on the same day?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:12 am

Hmm. No miles again for me today.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by josephstern
Hmm. No miles again for me today.
My interest should usually post by now, but I have yet to see it. Anyone else seeing their interest fail to post.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by imasosec
My interest should usually post by now, but I have yet to see it. Anyone else seeing their interest fail to post.
None for me either.

I'm curious about the mileage reporting period. Are the awarded miles due to the previous calendar month's average balance, or some other time frame?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3.0 MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Natl Exec Elite, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by imasosec
No miles for me either.

Dante
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:49 pm

Now I've got my (measly) interest.

So I guess I should see my miles tomorrow?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:24 am

If BD follows suit, what other choices are out there is any other than CD's? Looks like moving money over to BD account I already have to buy some time until they change as well since I cant be losing 3x00 miles per month just to this change. I do not think they are losing money since they can buy at a discounted rate from AA and also they are making money from the money and it is traditional that they make more than they pay...always. And, if not, the government comes and bails them out.

I will be calling the BBVA Preferred line this coming week to speak them and give a few cents worth of my perspective. I also sent them the 7 day notice just in case they try to ask for that as well to delay. Maybe they listen better that Dulta....

Last edited by dgrosven; Mar 19, 2011 at 1:09 am Reason: More details...
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:56 am

I an not worried about BD following suit as they have put out their position on the letter I got on 2/28/11 and just opened. It noted that 100 miles per $1000 up to $200000 which is the norm. then it goes on with more language for amounts over that. I would not expect to see a change on AA miles status from them for 6 months to a year after a letter this detailed. They do not have brick-and-mortar infrastructure so their costs have to be lower overall so they are likely going to keep the loyal AA customers and get some more from the bank making the change.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 1:03 am

Trying to delete this extra post it did, but cant seem to see a way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.