Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by xcalx
I received the same email in the UK downloaded then did a search but no miles will post as UK is not a qualifying country. Why bother sending the email
Where did you see that?

I've downloaded the (cr*ppy) tool and found that here in the UK

1. If you choose the search results carefully and select a bone-fide US site, then the searched get points. (Faff though!)

2. To actually get the toolbar to show that you earn miles for shopping your PC must have the Region Settings for USA.
Not sure if they'll actually earn miles but at least the tool bar shows they will
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by blindman
I've downloaded the (cr*ppy) tool and found that here in the UK

1. If you choose the search results carefully and select a bone-fide US site, then the searched get points. (Faff though!)
Thanks for the tip. Had experienced the same problem, and thought it was purely a UK thing... but yeah, choosing a US based site from the search results will show 1 mile credit.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by erenner
...I was just about to uninstall the bar since I already received my bonus miles.
I'm a little confused. Should my May total be listed somewhere on the shopping site because I can't find it? I didn't receive my May miles or the 500 mile bonus. Now that it's June, the toolbar total is cleared to 0, as expected (have been traveling for a few weeks w/o the usual computer).
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:13 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
While free miles are nice and all, I value searches that actually give useful results much more. :-:
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I'm just wondering again what a few persons have asked for those who say they have already received the 500 bonus miles (so I'll bump): how long did it take from download until they were in your account?

Also, when you received the download bonus miles, did the initial search miles show up with it?

Thanks,

FTF
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:51 am

No miles have posted yet. Not even "Pending". Do they post directly to AA, or should they show up in the eShopping summary? I installed the toolbar May 22, so I'll give it a little more time before I complain.

I am using the toolbar on Firefox for Mac, in case it makes a difference.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Mac?

Originally Posted by Evan!
What browser are you using?

On the toolbar to the far right is Help. It takes you to an FAQ page. On this page is:
Q. How do I uninstall the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar?
A. To uninstall, follow these steps: On the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar beside the AAdvantage eShopping logo you'll find a drop down menu arrow. Select AAdvantage eShopping toolbar Admin then select 'uninstall'.

If that doesn't work, you can also uninstall as follows:
To uninstall in Internet Explorer: Go to start -> Program files -> AAdvantage eShopping toolbar -> Uninstall
To uninstall in Firefox: Go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Select the AAdvantage eShopping toolbar and press uninstall
For the record, I see no option from the drop down reading "AAdvantage eShopping toolbar Admin".

Also, I use Firefox and indeed one can go to Tools > Add-ons and uninstall the toolbar.
So if I install tool bar on FireFox , it won't cross over to screw with my Safari?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:41 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
No, I don't think you need to worry about any crossover - in fact, I don't think they even had a safari version (just IE and firefox). I installed the IE version, and it's not appearing on or affecting firefox.

FTF
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
I happen to think the bar is pretty much useless due to the many searches they have deemed invalid but...

While going to Entertainment.com to research aavacations (and a 5% discount), I was notified that purchasing through the site would earn me 18 miles per dollar. Considering I was looking for a trip to Las Vegas for five people and will be reimbursed for the other four traveling partners, this might prove to be a nice little download.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA, Priority Club
Purchases I made in May still show up as Pending. No 500 bonus miles yet. Their f.a.q. makes it sound like its 8 weeks until anything gets posted to AA.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Thanks I just downloaded it last night.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:29 pm

So has it been confirmed if we need to actually make a purchase in order to qualify for the 500 miles? I haven't bought anything, for I assumed that just downloading the toolbar and performing searches would give me the bonus miles.

I downloaded this toolbar around May 22nd, and have yet to receive the 500 miles.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Caenis
So has it been confirmed if we need to actually make a purchase in order to qualify for the 500 miles? I haven't bought anything, for I assumed that just downloading the toolbar and performing searches would give me the bonus miles.

I downloaded this toolbar around May 22nd, and have yet to receive the 500 miles.
Me too. And nothing posted. Scores of searches yet not one single mile has posted including the 500 mile bonus. I give up.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 2:26 pm

To be fair, the shopping portal site states that the miles should be received the typical 8 weeks after you earned them. So the miles I accumulated in May should pop up late next month.

I don't mind waiting, but I'd be a little ticked off if it turns out I really did need to purchase something through the portal to get the miles.

It also sounds like some people already received the bonus miles, which confuses me. o.O
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Caenis
It also sounds like some people already received the bonus miles, which confuses me. o.O
Would that really be atypical? Miles from my Monday flight posted Tuesday, but I'm still waiting on miles from a flight last week...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.