Elite Status Matching

Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Elite Status Matching

What the deal with one entity matching another entity's elite status level? I seem to remember messages saying this is done, but I don't remember if it typically happens in both the airline and hotel worlds, or just one or the other. Also, when does it happen? The company matches obviously because they expect more business. What happens if they don't get it? Do you you have a period of time to justify the new status or it's revoked? Or do they just not do it the next time they are asked? Without a slap on the wrist people would just get one elite status and then ask all the other companies to match, right? And my guess is that it can't work that way in the real world. What's the deal?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by homeboy4
What the deal with one entity matching another entity's elite status level? I seem to remember messages saying this is done, but I don't remember if it typically happens in both the airline and hotel worlds, or just one or the other. Also, when does it happen? The company matches obviously because they expect more business. What happens if they don't get it? Do you you have a period of time to justify the new status or it's revoked? Or do they just not do it the next time they are asked? Without a slap on the wrist people would just get one elite status and then ask all the other companies to match, right? And my guess is that it can't work that way in the real world. What's the deal?
How does this relate to AA? AA doesn't typically status match - rather they offer challenges as a fast track to status.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Perhaps you meant to post in this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.