Does anyone actually win these sweepstakes?

Old May 26, 2009, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Does anyone actually win these sweepstakes?

Whenever I log onto aa.com they're flashing something in my face - go to the All Star game, win 2 business class tickets to Europe. Does anyone actually win these? Do YOU enter them?
Old May 26, 2009, 7:17 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
When I did a search with {'sweepstakes"} in the title, I found 27 threads,most of which ask these same questions. Just FYI.

Cheers.
Old May 26, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by brp
When I did a search with {'sweepstakes"} in the title, I found 27 threads,most of which ask these same questions.
Whenever I log onto flyertalk.com they're flashing something in my face - Does anyone actually win these sweepstakes? and Anybody got the "million mile sweepstakes" email? are examples. Does anyone actually read these? Do YOU read them?
Old May 26, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Whenever I log onto aa.com they're flashing something in my face - go to the All Star game, win 2 business class tickets to Europe. Does anyone actually win these? Do YOU enter them?
No. Yes.
Old May 26, 2009, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Nobody has won them yet, that is why they are still flashing in your face.
Old May 26, 2009, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
I won a free RT ticket on Delta 13 years ago just by putting a paper entry into a box at the gate at JFK. The ticket was good for any economy RT that Delta flew in the lower 48 with no blackout, and I used it for a free trip to FLL for spring break.
Old May 27, 2009, 12:17 pm

Yes and Yes. I have not won any AA sweepstakes yet but I have won other travel related sweepstakes including one to New Orleans, just last week. If you don't enter them you cannot win .
Old May 27, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: Various
Yes, winner here in a sweepstakes draw for points.com back in 2005. I won (and still have) 100k Alaska Mileage Plan Miles.

In regards to AA contests, I have entered many and so far, no winnings.
Old May 27, 2009, 1:25 pm

Yes, people do apparently win these things... www.aa.com/promowinners
Old May 27, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I won two tickets for filling out the reader response form in American Way Magazine a long time ago. Also won 6 tickets on Southwest through a contest in Texas Monthly.
Old May 27, 2009, 5:58 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by brp
When I did a search with {'sweepstakes"} in the title, I found 27 threads,most of which ask these same questions. Just FYI.
Identifying the thread that answers the OPs question, then using the RBP button to ask the moderators to merge this thread into that one would be really helpful.
Old May 27, 2009, 6:03 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dstan
Identifying the thread that answers the OPs question, then using the RBP button to ask the moderators to merge this thread into that one would be really helpful.
To be honest, with a premise like "does anyone win any of these sweepstakes?" I think that any thread on sweepstakes would be appropriate, even if it doesn't specifically answer or ask the same question, so I wouldn't know which thread to list as the most appropriate. Likely most of the 27 would suffice.

Your comment about RBP in a case like this is spot on, and I should have done that, in addition to providing search terms for appropriate threads.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.