Gogo Inflight Internet Discounts and Promotions

Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:29 pm
OFV

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
At DFW yesterday and saw a Gogo "rep" soliciting passengers on a flight to LGA by passing out a card. Anyone know if the card had a promo code? BTW no Gogo Rep at boarding on my DFW-LGA flt last week.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: Grounded
No idea about that specific situation, but not likely. My partner came back from JFK on DL recently, and it was just a card listing all the different plans and passes you can buy on Gogo. No code.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by OFV
At DFW yesterday and saw a Gogo "rep" soliciting passengers on a flight to LGA by passing out a card. Anyone know if the card had a promo code?
No.

They were also soliciting on DFW-SEA. It was just a card with the usual three price options (mobile, laptop and laptop/monthly pass).
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:03 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
c'mon people! I am flying both Thursday and Friday. We simply must pull together by then! Codes! Let it rain codes!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by pushback
c'mon people! I am flying both Thursday and Friday. We simply must pull together by then! Codes! Let it rain codes!
Hahaha... I'm also flying out on Friday night, well, Saturday actually. Of the three segments, only one of them will have GoGo. Where are the codes?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
It seems GoGo's scheme has worked perfectly. Spoil us with free access/promo codes for months, and then stop, leaving us begging for more codes. What are we to do?? Purchase access?? That would be so un-FT'er.

I finally had a flight w/ GoGo last Friday (first one in a long time), only to find myself with no promo codes. I felt abandoned and helpless. I simply could not talk myself into dropping the $9.95.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:09 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by genotonda
It seems GoGo's scheme has worked perfectly. Spoil us with free access/promo codes for months, and then stop, leaving us begging for more codes. What are we to do?? Purchase access?? That would be so un-FT'er.

I finally had a flight w/ GoGo last Friday (first one in a long time), only to find myself with no promo codes. I felt abandoned and helpless. I simply could not talk myself into dropping the $9.95.
Seems that if you did not drop the $10 their evil plan did not work so well after all. I too flew a pair of transcons last week. If I had free gogo codes I would not have spent so much time enjoying my book ("Outliers"). Great book. I am not going to make Internet access a necessity for myself while in the air. My employer may, someday--but not me!

Sorry GoGo. Maybe if we all hold out they will have to spring some new codes on us.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:34 pm

They had a promo on-board today - the pick your dot race. I came in 2nd and 'won' a 50% discount code.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by BStrauss3
They had a promo on-board today - the pick your dot race. I came in 2nd and 'won' a 50% discount code.
I don't know about you but I think those dot races are all rigged.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "pick your dot" race?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by doodley
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a "pick your dot" race?
You, Sir/Madam have never had the joy of attending a minor league american baseball game where the art of self promotion rules. You really should - just to see - I once parlayed a single free ticket into 7 glorious seats over 3 games...

For "the dot race", you get a choice of three colored dots on the back of your ticket or on a particular page of the program. After your make your selection, there is a race - shown on the JumboTron (TM). One dot usually gets far ahead, only to be lapped by the other two, leading to a win by a whisker. The 1/3 of the audience who's ticket has the appropriate colorded dot wins a valuable prize. Often sponsored by the local water delivery service and the prize is a free ticket to tomorrows game, with the 'losers' winning $5 off a case of delivered water.

In the GoGo case the dot's are attached to helicopters which rise up to a particular height. My consolation prize was a 50% discount code.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:40 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pushback
Sorry GoGo. Maybe if we all hold out they will have to spring some new codes on us.
Why? If we're not paying for it, what incentive do they have to continue to give it to us for free? How would our "hold out" pressure them?

I was on a late DFW-SJC with GoGo. Had it been free, I would have used it. But I didn't really need it, so I read/slept instead.

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:55 am

Programs: Various
Go to the GoGo website and play the game mentioned below (or above depending on how your Flyer Talk prefs are set). You win either a discount code or a free GoGo session...everyone wins.

Great GoGo Race: GoGo
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Robt760
Go to the GoGo website and play the game mentioned below (or above depending on how your Flyer Talk prefs are set). You win either a discount code or a free GoGo session...everyone wins.

Great GoGo Race: GoGo
Sweet!! Thanks! I jut won a free session!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
You, Sir/Madam have never had the joy of attending a minor league american baseball game where the art of self promotion rules. You really should - just to see - I once parlayed a single free ticket into 7 glorious seats over 3 games...

For "the dot race", you get a choice of three colored dots on the back of your ticket or on a particular page of the program. After your make your selection, there is a race - shown on the JumboTron (TM). One dot usually gets far ahead, only to be lapped by the other two, leading to a win by a whisker. The 1/3 of the audience who's ticket has the appropriate colorded dot wins a valuable prize. Often sponsored by the local water delivery service and the prize is a free ticket to tomorrows game, with the 'losers' winning $5 off a case of delivered water.

In the GoGo case the dot's are attached to helicopters which rise up to a particular height. My consolation prize was a 50% discount code.

Ohhhh! I was confused by the "dot" terminology - I've seen these races as horses, or boats, or other animated objects at sporting events etc. For some reason, I assumed it was one of those contraptions where you pick a lollipop, each of which has a colored dot on the bottom corresponding to your prize, lol. Thanks for the clarification!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.