Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Advantage Double Miles for AA Purchases

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Citi Advantage Double Miles for AA Purchases

I have the AA Citi AMEX Advantage card and received a letter saying they are giving double miles on AA purchases. Put about $1700 of AA tickets on the card last month but only got single miles. I called and they said the double miles don't post at the same time. It's been more than an additional month and still no double miles.

How long should it take for the double miles to post? On my DL AMEX card, the double miles post at the same time. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Citi bonus miles typically post with the base miles. However, Citi usually requires registration for the bonus miles promos it offers. Do the promo terms mention registration, and if so, did you actually register?

ExitRowAisle
A Dissatisfied 2nd Class Starwood Platinum Member
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JerryFF
I have the AA Citi AMEX Advantage card and received a letter saying they are giving double miles on AA purchases. Put about $1700 of AA tickets on the card last month but only got single miles. I called and they said the double miles don't post at the same time. It's been more than an additional month and still no double miles.

How long should it take for the double miles to post?.
If you had a AA Citi Visa AAdvantage card, they would post at the same time or at most on the next statement.

Buit the AA Citi Amex AAdvantage card has had issues in the past, where for some reason instead of posting AA purchases as "AMERICAN AIRLINES" as it did on the Visa, the Amex posted them as "AA AIR" and that got the whole system up in a tizzy, which took months to unravel. I had to wait a few statement cycles before they would admit that it had nothing to do with waiting and was an actual problem.

Now, in this MilesBuzz! thread (where all this was discussed):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ey-appear.html

later I thought someone had said this problem had gone away, but perhaps (given your experience) not???

(Btw, the same "AA AIR" posting problem caused a delay of months in getting the $100/$150/whatever credit for an AA purchase which was promised with some of these card offers. Again, all documented in that thread.)
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Citi bonus miles typically post with the base miles. However, Citi usually requires registration for the bonus miles promos it offers. Do the promo terms mention registration, and if so, did you actually register?
This is not a promo; this a recently-announced new feature of many Citi AA cards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-benefits.html

Therefore no registration is necessary.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I telephoned to ask if all my Citi AA cards would get the double miles for AA purchases and was told it was 'automatic'. We'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.