Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DFW CEO makes announcement from UK (DFW-LGW flights moved to LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2007, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070625/lam113.html?.v=57

article says that in 2 days the DFW CEO will make a major announcement from the UK on new service. Anyone know where this new service will be to?

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if AA flew to more than 3 european cities non-stop from DFW? (LGW, CDG, FRA). I am purposely leaving out ZRH.

Last edited by envgeo; Jun 25, 2007 at 6:53 pm
Old Jun 25, 2007, 6:57 pm

Programs: aa plat in funkytown tx
nonstop DFW MAD would be nice.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 6:59 pm
Suspended

sounds like it will be a DFW-UK route. Either MAN-DFW or maybe a new carrier LHR-DFW such as VS or BD when the LGW rule phases out - or maybe MaxJet?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Come back here Wednesday - there will be a half-dozen threads on it.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by envgeo
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070625/lam113.html?.v=57

article says that in 2 days the DFW CEO will make a major announcement from the UK on new service. Anyone know where this new service will be to?

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if AA flew to more than 3 european cities non-stop from DFW? (LGW, CDG, FRA). I am purposely leaving out ZRH.
My guess
DFW to LHR
AA will reduce a JFK and ORD flight to use two slots for LHR
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I wonder if they're looking at Newcastle again, being that the press release makes no mention of which U.K. airport is being looked at. For that matter, it doesn't even say AA, so it very well could be someone else. I'll make sure to check back Wednesday and see who speculated correctly.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zman
My guess
DFW to LHR
AA will reduce a JFK and ORD flight to use two slots for LHR
I could see that, but why wait for open skies versus doing it years ago?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by gemac
Come back here Wednesday - there will be a half-dozen threads on it.
Not to mention the half-dozen or more pages of baseless speculation that you'll be able to find in this thread by then.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zman
My guess
DFW to LHR
Didn't AA already announce this? Would be interesting to find out if his spouse is with him and he happens to attend Wimbledon while he is in London for this major announcement.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie
Not to mention the half-dozen or more pages of baseless speculation that you'll be able to find in this thread by then.
For anyone who can't wait two days for endless pages of baseless speculation, Flyertalk is proud to present this link.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by tom911
I wonder if they're looking at Newcastle again, being that the press release makes no mention of which U.K. airport is being looked at. For that matter, it doesn't even say AA, so it very well could be someone else. I'll make sure to check back Wednesday and see who speculated correctly.

In the spirit of wild speculation, I can't see why the CEO of DFW would bother making an announcement in London that AA was shifting it's flights from LGW to LHR - that's a big yawn,unless he's looking for a free vacation?

So my money is on a new carrier. Perhaps Virgin America is starting another hub and linking with VS TATL? Or DL's moving back to DFW? Or one of the Gulf carriers starting oil-related service to TX? Or Southwest / JetBlue are starting their first long haul routes? Perish the thought that it's Ryanair....
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:25 pm
Suspended

For anyone who can't wait two days for endless pages of baseless speculation, Flyertalk is proud to present this link.
Are you saying DFW Airport is going to buy 200 planes for AA?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Are you saying DFW Airport is going to buy 200 planes for AA?
No, that would be silly. The announcement is that the Paris Airshow is being moved to DFW. For understandable reasons, he is not making this announcement in Paris, but the Brits would love it.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:33 pm
Suspended

No, that would be silly. The announcement is that the Paris Airshow is being moved to DFW. For understandable reasons, he is not making this announcement in Paris, but the Brits would love it.
^^^ Then he definitely deserves to bring the wifey and get some comp tickets to Wimbledon. Well done DFW Airport!!!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:49 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
It could be simpler than that - remember that satellite terminal Eagle used to use? Perhaps DFW's sold it to BAA~LHR to solve some of their problems. Heck, the Californians bought the ugly London Bridge, so perhaps this is revenge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.