Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Does America Airlines has a super premier status, such as UA's Global Services?

Does America Airlines has a super premier status, such as UA's Global Services?

Old Feb 6, 2007, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yeah, I'd love to see the results of that search.
Very similar to AMR...or DFW...or even XXX.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 6:58 pm

Play nicely with others

I do not post very often but it is not considered good manners to make sure that every one knows that "they" were not invited to the birthday party. I am sure there are forums that are by invitation only but since you are not inviting me, why mention it? One of the best parts of FT is the help that I have received from many members. I felt that answer was offensive as well.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:01 pm

Let's be honest here...for those that once enjoyed EXP status under the old qualifications have seen some major changes in what what was once a truly ellte status...when you qualified for EXP you were flying either 100K actual miles or at least 200 segments each year...now that the new qualification has been cut in half, you see mostly EXP tags in first, and the status once enjoyed as an EXP flyer is nothing more than a watered down version of Platinum...If I was flying over 250K miles a year (which I am not) I would certainly welcome a level above EXP...
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:17 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Barbara48
I do not post very often but it is not considered good manners to make sure that every one knows that "they" were not invited to the birthday party. I am sure there are forums that are by invitation only but since you are not inviting me, why mention it? One of the best parts of FT is the help that I have received from many members. I felt that answer was offensive as well.
I find myself agreeing with Barbara48. Mentioning an invitation-only forum serves no purpose except to bring up yet another incarnation of a recurring troll. On the bright side, I had been wondering how long we'd hafta wait until his next appearance. Answer: not very long!
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yeah, I'd love to see the results of that search.
Originally Posted by TheDatabase Search function
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms
I guess there is a minimum 4 characters in the search function...
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by simongr
It's not required but always helpful to know what you're posting about before you post.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by simongr
That is true, and, in fact, covered in the Technical Issues forum here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644621
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Barbara48
Hi, Barbara48. Sorry I offended you. In my first post, I mentioned where I had gotten the information, as I thought people might want to know the source. Many FT members are aware of the existence of this other board and the expertise that has left Flyertalk and now resides there, so they could use that to judge the credibility of the information. In the post that offended you, I was responding to this direct request:

Originally Posted by cingmot
You mean there's friendly people out there somewhere? Send me a link!
Having received the request, I was put in the position of possibly offending cingmot by ignoring his request, or responding to it and possibly offending you.

Having said that, within this thread are, I believe, all the reasons that most of the members of that other board no longer participate on Flyertalk.

Addendum: due to thread cleanup, this thread now exhibits only some of the reasons.

Last edited by gemac; Feb 7, 2007 at 12:52 am Reason: Update due to thread cleanup
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (4.4M), Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Global Entry, Trusted Traveler
My understanding (read--I have heard rumors) that the Better-Than-EXP program is for those that control the travel budgets and preferences for large numbers of heavy travelers. Sorry, doesn't matter if you are 200K BIS kind of flyer, but if you control many EXP level flyers, you are considerably more valuable.

There is significant speculation that our COO is one such person. There are at least 25 EXPs at our division alone. We fly constantly and often at the last minute. I shudder at the thought of our travel budget. Probably bigger that the GDP of a whole bunch of countries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.