What is "premium services"?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2006, 7:02 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
What is "premium services"?

I am looking at the fare rules for a (senior) ticket coded O65SRD, clause D (buried in tightly spaced stuff) states:
"requests are made via airport self-service check-in/ticket counters/ including admirals clubs and premium services/ or by calling aa reservations"
PS: I just did a search here on ft, and either it couldn't find anything or the search system is not working--no result came up.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 7:32 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
celebrities and "special" L.A. people (the guy with the 31 million miles) is my guess....

Old Oct 23, 2006, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
or another way looking at it is, if you have to ask, you probably won't get it...

reporting from lounge that LP uses at Lima airport. On the way to Tampa....
Old Oct 23, 2006, 8:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
Premium Services can mean two things...

1) it is for celebs travelling on AA...

2) it can also be used by the elderly or those needing some extra assistance to the gate and onto the plane.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UMassCanuck07
Premium Services can mean two things...

1) it is for celebs travelling on AA...

2) it can also be used by the elderly or those needing some extra assistance to the gate and onto the plane.
Nope. #2 is not "Premium Services". It's "Special Services", or something like that, but quite different from "Premium Services".

Cheers.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
I am looking at the fare rules for a (senior) ticket coded O65SRD, clause D (buried in tightly spaced stuff) states:
"requests are made via airport self-service check-in/ticket counters/ including admirals clubs and premium services/ or by calling aa reservations"
PS: I just did a search here on ft, and either it couldn't find anything or the search system is not working--no result came up.
Why sweat it? You have 4 other options available, including the phone, which currently invokes unecessary fear in people, the idea of actually calling AA. Relative to this clause, what is it that you would be doing ?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
"Premium Services" is simply a large umbrella organization of ground-based services for premium-paying customers. Included are the Admirals Club, Executive Center, Flagship Lounge, VIP Program, golf carts, and other programs. The Managing Director of Premium Services is the boss. Those of us who are AC members get a letter from her each year, inviting us to renew.

Premium Services is DIFFERENT from Special Services, that provides assistance to UMs, handicapped pax, etc.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 6:41 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Premium Services Meet for FL access

We got off our LHR-LAX flight about 40 minutes early...no wait at immigration. A woman with a clipboard was there. How she knew, I have no idea, but she asked me "Dr. brp?" I said yes, and she said that I had a long layover and we welcome to go to the FL, and here is a red card. She had another that might have been for my wife, also EXP.

Never had that happen before. And the red card was different from the usual white cards.

(As it turned out, we were early enough to stand by for the 4 PM instead of our scheduled 7 PM, so the FL visit was short).

But the meet was interesting, to say the least.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting off the plane in ORD on Saturday, a woman (with a clipboard, IIRC) was there discreetly asking the first passengers off "Mr. [Smith]?" A few pax after me, Mr. Smith, a 50-something businessman-looking guy came off. I couldn't tell what exactly was going on, but presumably she welcomed him and asked if he needed a golf cart ride, but he declined, and she drove away.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The golf cart thing makes sense for one who might need it, or have a tight connection. Just to give me a red FL card, and no cart ride offer since I still had to clear security, seemed odd.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
If Premium Services has a slow day (i.e., they're waiting for the guy arriving at Gate 46A, and someone comes in on a flt @ 46B), they will occasionally pick out people who are EXPs and do something nice for them "just because".

One of the people at work and I got a golf cart ride from K-19 @ ORD that way...right place, right time.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by andrzej
reporting from lounge that LP uses at Lima airport. On the way to Tampa....
Did you pay to get in? AA J and/or OW saphire didn't do it for me, so I'm curious.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum (2.6 Million Miles), Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, & Hertz Platinum
PlatinumScum, I agree with andrzej, give it a break man, please.....
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by Randal AA Flyer
PlatinumScum, I agree with andrzej, give it a break man, please.....
Huh?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:51 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by CO FF
If Premium Services has a slow day (i.e., they're waiting for the guy arriving at Gate 46A, and someone comes in on a flt @ 46B), they will occasionally pick out people who are EXPs and do something nice for them "just because".
I've had that happen to me and saw it happen at ORD the other day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.