AAdvantage sign up bonus

Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
AAdvantage sign up bonus

Did a search and couldn't find it. Are there any sign up bonuses for new aadvantage members, or any referral bonuses?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
None at this time I am aware of, and I searched recently too.

(I signed up my grandniece at two weeks, because I felt she needs every AAdvantage in her start on life, but - no bonus for me! )

Originally Posted by singal3
Did a search and couldn't find it. Are there any sign up bonuses for new aadvantage members, or any referral bonuses?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:43 am
Original Poster

that's too bad, thanks for your response.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 8:58 am

Programs: AA GLD
But there are plenty of other ways to earn points easily

Although it should be noted that there are plenty of products for which you can sign up that will give you bonus miles. For example:

Citibank Mastercard (details)

Aadvantage Dining Program (detals)

Cinemark/Coca-Cola Instant Win Promotion (detals)

etc.

Lurk the AA boards for a while and you'll be able to get in on plenty of these promos. Otherwise, I'd also recommend regularly checking out the AAdvantage Bonus Offer Site

Hope this is helpful!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:17 am
Original Poster

It is helpful, will be moving to HNL, and currently live in ORD, was debating which carrier UA or AA. UA gives 3k bonus but there other bonuses stink, so I think we will stick with AA. Thanks for the info again.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
It is helpful, will be moving to HNL, and currently live in ORD, was debating which carrier UA or AA. UA gives 3k bonus but there other bonuses stink, so I think we will stick with AA. Thanks for the info again.
I agree with your underlying logic. A sign-up bonus for a frequent flyer program, while nice to get and certainly worth checking for, is not a good reason to choose your primary airline. In the long run it's insignificant compared to a whole lot of other factors.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
One suggestiion: When you sign-up, do not elect to receivce anything via e-mail. In a few weeks, AA will offer you miles to sign up for these services
Old Jul 20, 2006, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA MP, JetBlue TrueBlue, ICH PC Rewards
Join AAdvantage at aa.com. Join points.com at points.com/aa. You can get 100 AAdvantage miles by doing so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.