Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with MR on AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2006, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Help with MR on AA

I purchased a MR on AA long ago. One of the nyc-pdx fares.
A couple schedule changes later and I am not being forced to less miles or an over night.
I currently have to leave PDX in time to get to the redeye to MIA from LAX in the evening. At 655pm.
Can anyone come up with a creative routing to get most mileage for the outbound legs? NYC-PDX. Sept 9. So the NYC-MIA-LAX-PDX or even using SFO instead of LAX doesnt seem to work out.

Having a very hard time getting more miles now. I have PDX-LAX-MIA-LGA on the way home. Looking for over 7800 miles total (eqm)
Old Jul 19, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
maybe the milage run forum would be a better place to post this request for help.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tenmoc
I purchased a MR on AA long ago. One of the nyc-pdx fares.
A couple schedule changes later and I am not being forced to less miles or an over night.
I currently have to leave PDX in time to get to the redeye to MIA from LAX in the evening. At 655pm.
Can anyone come up with a creative routing to get most mileage for the outbound legs? NYC-PDX. Sept 9. So the NYC-MIA-LAX-PDX or even using SFO instead of LAX doesnt seem to work out.

Having a very hard time getting more miles now. I have PDX-LAX-MIA-LGA on the way home. Looking for over 7800 miles total (eqm)
Hey,lucky you on the way home!from Sept. 6 AA will re-introduce the 777 on that route.there's a thread about it.haven't read it yet,maybe it won't be the read eye though, as I guess the 777 will most likely continue to LHR.

Good luck with the planning
Old Jul 19, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I'd go for 7,801 miles or more somewhere. NYC-LHR-BKK (BA) -LAX (CX) -PDX would do or NYC-EZE-DFW-SEA-PDX is another. Really this is a matter of dough, preference, and time isn't it?
Old Jul 19, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by tenmoc
I purchased a MR on AA long ago.

If it were I (me?) I'd do a quickie roundtrip to the bahamas from MIA for lunch & an umbrella drink near the beach before finishing up - not too economical for an MR, but a GREAT way to break up your trip before facing reality.

oh, and avoid the hurricanes, also.

(looks over shoulder as the thread mover approaches)
Old Jul 20, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The guy needs 7,800 miles so these two 90 mile trips will leave him only 7,620 miles to go.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Thanks.
Didnt know about 777 on that route from LAX-MIA. I have it on both my trips.
the 1030ish on 9/9 and the 1130ish on 9/23. So even if it's only one we should be happy.

Still havent come up with anything good so thinking of going simply JFK-LAX-PDX on way out. Gives 7500+ and allows 5.5 hours in PDX. I'm just concerned that giving up 1000 eqm from the 8500 I had is now going to bite me when they change the schedule of the 9/23 one. I make stickers by 200 with this choice of routing for the year. and PLAT by 600. So its getting tight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.