Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, US Air- CP, United 1P, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Only bad part is that they deliver the paper to me vis usmail
Old Jun 6, 2006, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Island
I had the USA Today 1,500 enrollment bonus in my AAdv account today. Good job.

My subscription started Monday May 22. I got about three of the papers last week. I got a paper yesterday, but not today.
Mine posted last night (Monday) as well. I thought there was going to be a problem since I DIDN'T sign up for their ezpay program.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA
1500 points posted today. I subscribed May 18 and papers started May 24 via USPS.

Thanks again to the OP for this excellent offer!
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by xflyboy2005x
Yeah, my mail comes between 5 and 6pm usually.
Additionally, I only got the paper 3 out of 6 days.
I then changed it to my work address, and it never showed up.
They ignored the queries I made on the email site.
Actually, when I called today, the rep said they had given me credit, but no one replied to me by email or otherwise. Then, of course, the paper didn't come so it didn't matter how many credit I got. My work address is supposed to be carrier delivered, but the paper didn't show up so I switched back to mail. It is supposed to come by mail tomorrow. We will see. The phone guy gave me another 1 1/2 weeks of credit, so I think I am about a week ahead. Good thing I did this for the MILES... That's .075 percent of 2MM
Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I feel lucky now. Mine must be coming with one of the paper carriers as I receive it before 6:00am every morning.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
i couldnt care less whether it ever shows up again...
1500 AA miles posted 2day ^ ^
thanks OP ^
Old Jun 6, 2006, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by psyflyer
i couldnt care less whether it ever shows up again...
1500 AA miles posted 2day ^ ^
thanks OP ^
No doubt, if I really wanted USA Today, I would have already had a subscription.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:57 pm

Beware of automatic renewal of your subscription

Originally Posted by mellowg
Yes, it seems that the T&C have been changed to limit the number of bonuses. This is an acknowledgement that multiple bonuses could be earned before.
I posted two days back on this matter and the problems that I'm having with USAToday signing me up for the EZ-PAY and automatic subscription renewal. Customer service referred me to the company retention manager who, as it turns out, is on vacation this week.

This afternoon, I spoke with a USAToday manager who is responsible for the AAdvantage promotion offer. Her name is Jacqueline and her number is: (703) 854-5357. I'm posting her name and number in case someone here has similar problems.

Anyway, she told me that the terms and conditions have not changed since the original offer. I mentioned that USAToday has recently added T&C's to their web page which were not there before. She denied this and said that I must renew the subscriptions to get the bonus miles. It was quite a disagreement. I stopped arguing and told her that I want my 1500 miles per subscription and do not want to renew. She agreed to do this and that she would call me back once the arrangements were handled. She hasn't called back yet, as promised. Anyway, I've received my miles for 5 subscriptions and still awaiting miles for 4 others.

So keep an eye on your credit card charges and the posting of your promised miles. Customer Service apparently is not able to help resolve these issues so you will have to call the Virginia office directly for help.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I received my 1500 miles and I am not signed up for EZpay.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
I got my 1500 miles, and you are right in that the T&C changed--radically! Now one has to get it for 5 months/4 renewals ($64.75) to get the 1500 bonus, so the cost is now above 3 cents per mile.

Plus, what kind of sense do these two statements make on the offer page?

"Earn up to 2,800* AAdvantage® Miles for reading the newspaper!"

"* Terms and Conditions: Only 2700 AAdvantage Miles permitted per AAdvantage member within a 12 month period."

Oh well, I should have signed up earlier for multiple 1-month subscriptions, switching between my place and my parents (to be at least a little subtle).

It would be a worthwhile newspaper to pay for, if I were getting at least a 100 miles/$ for it too. Now I can't anymore, so I won't.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:22 pm

Does anybody have the original T&C before they were changed by USA Today (a change which they are now denying )

Last edited by mellowg; Jun 13, 2006 at 6:09 pm
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mellowg
Does anybody have the original T&C before they were changed by USA Today (a change which they are now denying )
What seems to be the problem?
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT (1MM); SPG GLD
Originally Posted by xflyboy2005x
Only bad part is that they deliver the paper to me.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP
I gifted it to my parents house starting June 4th. Still haven't seen the miles, but I definitely don't want the paper.

I think they may have enrolled me in Auto Pay even though I said NO, so I will just call and cancel when I see the miles hit my acct.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
What seems to be the problem?
Well, first of all they signed me up for EZPay (which I initially selected that I didn't want), so my 1-month gift subscriptions are being renewed and my credit card charged! Additionally, they want to cancel my accounts. So, basically it's a big mess.

A copy of the original T&C would be helpful...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.