FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Mysterious Promo codes: AA100/AA200/AA400 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/545976-mysterious-promo-codes-aa100-aa200-aa400.html)

IceTrojan Apr 8, 2006 6:28 pm

Mysterious Promo codes: AA100/AA200/AA400

This is a spinoff from another thread by Parisbeba , where they reported that AA200 was a promo where you fly 24 segs and you receive 15k bonus miles (any fare except Q/O/S/N).

Another poster reported AA100/200/400 were valid codes to register for to.

Naturally I registered for all 4 codes... but now I want to know what exactly I registered for.

I called AAdv CSR just now, but it was after-hours (stupid time zone change! :p), so I'll call back tomorrow and post results... But if anyone else received these promos or knows what they are, please share!

[WATCH THIS SPACE FOR UPDATES]

**NOTE: All offers are targeted. Even if you register, you won't automatically get it. (thanks ExecDeskRep)

AA100 - Fly 12 segs for 15K bonus miles, 1000 bonus miles each seg after 12. (thanks Venk)

AA200 - Fly 24 segs for 15K bonus miles, 500 bonus miles each seg after 24. (thanks Parisbeba)

Common T&Cs
-Register before travel.
-Fly between April 15 and June 30, 2006.
-Q/O/S/N fares don't qualify :(

----------------------------

AA300 - GLD Challenge (no bonus) (thanks ExecDeskRep)

AA400 - PLT Challenge (no bonus) (thanks ExecDeskRep)

----------------------------

EU100 - Every 2 transatlantic segments on AA, earn 15K bonus miles.

EU200 - ?

Common T&Cs(?)
-Register before travel.
-Fly between April 15 and June 30, 2006.
-Must be paid First, Business, or Y/B Coach fares.

j3823x Apr 8, 2006 6:46 pm

Aren't the AA100/200/400 codes part of the "Help AA's Balance Sheet" program where only half the usual miles/points/segments flown are credited to elite status? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Anyway, am looking forward to your results.

JDiver Apr 8, 2006 6:54 pm

ROTFLMAO! This is worthy of its own thread, next April 1! :D

Originally Posted by j3823x
Aren't the AA100/200/400 codes part of the "Help AA's Balance Sheet" program where only half the usual miles/points/segments flown are credited to elite status? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Anyway, am looking forward to your results.

venk Apr 8, 2006 7:01 pm

This is the AA100 e-mail. No bonuses for Q,S,N,O fares.

Choose American, American Eagle® and AmericanConnection® every time you fly on a purchased, published fare between April 15 and June 30, 2006, and you could accumulate thousands of AAdvantage® bonus miles with this special offer:

When you fly You'll earn*
4 segments 1,000 bonus miles
6 segments 3,000 bonus miles
8 segments 6,000 bonus miles
10 segments 10,000 bonus miles
12 segments 15,000 bonus miles
Each additional segment after 12 1,000 bonus miles

To qualify for this promotion, you must register prior to travel. Simply visit www.aa.com/offers or call our AAdvantage Dial-In® system at 1-800-882-8880 and enter Promotion Code AA100.

Your bonus miles will get you thousands of miles closer to some of the AAdvantage program's most popular travel awards, like class-of-service upgrades, Admirals Club® memberships, and more! And remember, you also earn up to 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for every American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection trip you purchase at AA.com®.

On American Airlines, you can fly just about everywhere you need or want to go. Rack up your bonus mile segments to destinations across the U.S., or to key cities in Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Japan, Central and South America, even India and China. Your bonus miles can take you to fabulous beaches, historical locations and exciting adventure spots around the world! And remember, AA.com is your only source for American's Lowest Fare Guarantee.

In addition to the miles you earn for flights on American, every time you use a Citi® / AAdvantage® card to book hotels, rent cars or purchase gifts, or for any other credit card transactions, you'll earn even more miles! If you do not already have a Citi® / AAdvantage® card, call 1-800-FLY-4444 today to apply for a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®.

Make the most of this exclusive bonus mileage offer by choosing American for all your air travel. We want your business - all of it - and we'll reward you for your loyalty mile after mile after mile.

Sincerely,

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing

*Offer is valid for travel on any purchased, published fare for flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection service. Offer is valid for recipients of this mailing only. Bonus miles do not count toward elite-status qualification. Travel must be completed between April 15, 2006, and June 30, 2006. Bonus mile levels shown are not cumulative. The maximum number of miles that can be earned through this offer by flying 12 segments is 15,000. Each additional segment over 12 will earn 1,000 bonus miles. Qualifying Booking Classes: Offer is valid for travel on any purchased, published fare in First, Business or Economy Class (excludes fares beginning with Q, S, N or O and all other fares defined as ineligible for standard AAdvantage mileage accrual). Registration Requirement: You must register for this offer prior to travel. This offer is not retroactive. Register online at www.aa.com/offers or by calling the AAdvantage Dial-In system at 1-800-882-8880. Follow the prompts and, when asked, enter promotion code AA100.

Citibank is not responsible for products or services offered by other companies. Citi, Platinum Select and Citi with Arc Design are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.

nako Apr 8, 2006 7:06 pm

As a minor correction, AA200 is the code that Parisbeba and others (including myself) have received. Now that we have the T&Cs of the AA100 promo posted, the missing codes in question appear to be AA300 and AA400.

Mike

alamedaguy Apr 8, 2006 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by venk
This is the AA100 e-mail. No bonuses for Q,S,N,O fares.

<snip>

Offer is valid for recipients of this mailing only.

It looks like they may all be a part of the same promotion, with some folks targeted for more miles per segment.

IceTrojan Apr 8, 2006 7:15 pm

Thanks venk for the info on AA100, and nako for the correction.

So what happens to the people who registered for multiple promos? (Probably just defaults to the one they were targeted for.... IF they were targeted).

So my 61 segs would get 64,000 miles on AA100 and 33,500 miles on AA200... had they NOT BEEN IN Q/O! :( :( I'm starting to wondering if I really want to know anymore :p

ja_user Apr 8, 2006 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Thanks venk for the info on AA100, and nako for the correction.

So what happens to the people who registered for multiple promos? (Probably just defaults to the one they were targeted for.... IF they were targeted).

So my 61 segs would get 64,000 miles on AA100 and 33,500 miles on AA200... had they NOT BEEN IN Q/O! :( :( I'm starting to wondering if I really want to know anymore :p

I signed up for 100 through 400. The email says thanks for signing up for aa100 on all four of them.

IceTrojan Apr 8, 2006 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by ja_user
I signed up for 100 through 400. The email says thanks for signing up for aa100 on all four of them.

Odd... I got the emails, and each of the 4 had a different code listed.

Such wishful thinking going on in my head right now.....

olimaspecto Apr 8, 2006 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by ja_user

I signed up for all four as well but mine has each of the respective promotions on each separate e-mail, not all the same.

mktozd Apr 8, 2006 8:04 pm

This seems like an awesome promo.....hope that it works

skye1 Apr 8, 2006 9:13 pm

Some of my FLY3/DAL/DFW promo flights are in qualifying classes....this could be very cool if you can get bonus miles for both promos.

ZeppoX Apr 9, 2006 2:45 am

Targeted perhaps to people who do not have Citi AAdvantage credit cards, since the msg is promoting apply for one?

ExpAAt Apr 9, 2006 3:22 am

Another mystery code: EU100 - earn 15k bonus miles

One of my colleagues received a promo email for an 'EU100' offer. Any trans-Atlantic flight in F, A, J, D, I, Y or B between now and July 31st earns 15k bonus miles as far as I can tell.

I didn't receive the promo email invitation to this offer, but I was able to register for it anyway.

IceTrojan Apr 9, 2006 3:24 am

Originally Posted by ExpAAt
One of my colleagues received a promo email for an 'EU100' offer. Any trans-Atlantic flight in F, A, J, D, I, Y or B between now and July 31st earns 15k bonus miles as far as I can tell.

I didn't receive the promo email invitation to this offer, but I was able to register for it anyway.

How fun... I just registered for it too. BTW, EU200 doesn't work :p