Anyone else get diverted to STL Sunday?

Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else get diverted to STL Sunday?

7 flights was supposed to be diverted to STL, I was on the one from ORD to MCI. I'm not sure about the rules, but is AA supposed to pay for our hotel rooms? Also, am I going to get double credit, since I took two flights
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
ORD was a mess yesterday too. It took me 12 hours to get from LAX-IND via ORD. But we're approaching spring and it's only going to get far worse for both ORD AND DFW. Par for the course.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by nova474
I'm not sure about the rules, but is AA supposed to pay for our hotel rooms?
No, AA doesn't have to pay a thing if it's an act of god (i.e. weather).
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:21 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
I just don't understand how a flight from ORD to MCI winds up getting diverted. It's an hour long flight. I realize that the weather was moving fast, but it wasn't any secret which way it was going, or when it was expected to hit MCI. Why did they even take off?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
My wifes flight from ORD to Westchester (NY) was diverted to Albany after a 7 hour mechanical delay. They arrived at 1am, the airport was closed. No rental cars, no food, no AA employees. They were forced to pay for the hotels but AA agreed to reimburse. She finally got home around 3pm Monday.

To make things worse, the FA announced "if we take off today we're all going to die"......15 minutes later the flight took off.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 8:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Originally Posted by BigBopper
To make things worse, the FA announced "if we take off today we're all going to die"......15 minutes later the flight took off.
This should equate to a letter of complaint - maybe the typical request for compensation (miles). YMMV
Old Mar 15, 2006, 8:36 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Call me a harda**, but I'd have to share that little tidbit with AA.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
My wifes flight from ORD to Westchester (NY) was diverted to Albany after a 7 hour mechanical delay. They arrived at 1am, the airport was closed. No rental cars, no food, no AA employees. They were forced to pay for the hotels but AA agreed to reimburse. She finally got home around 3pm Monday.

I would have gotten off the plane and demanded a supervisor. Absolutely inexcusable.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:45 am
nfc

Programs: WN AList; Delta Nada; Hilton DIamond; Marriot Gold
What a stupid thing to say! It's so sad that one FA can wipe out all the hard work and good will of their AA co-workers with such an ignorant comment. Definitely write AA to let them know.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Sorry to hijack the thread.

Anyway, my wife called and they asked the flight number. The person she spoke to asked if she was complaining about the flight being diverted or the comments the FA made!!!! Apparently they had enough complaints that there was a record attached to her flight number about it. 15,000 miles were deposited in her account within an hour. I don't know if the miles were deposited automatically as sometimes happens or by the customer service rep she spoke to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.