Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA-Ticket Status=On Request

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
AA-Ticket Status=On Request

On AA.com I have seen the ticket status of 'Held', 'Purchased' and 'Ticketed' in the past.

Today I noticed one of mine is 'On Request'. In calling AA to check on this, they think it has something to do with a code-share flight but say the ticket has been purchased and is awaiting to be ticketed.

Having never seen this status before (and searching finding nothing) was wondering if anyone else has run into this status before? AA says 'nothing to worry about'.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
This thread, while not tremendously helpful, does suggest it probably results from the codeshare, or a flight other than on AA metal, and that the time for it to remain "on request" can vary.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by JGR01
.... was wondering if anyone else has run into this status before?
I have seen "On Request" frequently but I have never given it much thought. However, now that you mention it, I remember that is what displays when I purchase AS codeshares. Can't remember when else I have seen it, just that I have. (But now I am curious and will pay more attention. ) And IIRC it has remained "On Request" for quite some time.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 1:42 pm

I currently have a ticket on request (and it has been for a week now.)

My situation is I am mixing AA and UA on a international itin issued by AA.

The hold up seems to be the E Ticketing portion between AA and UA.

According to the EXP desk it can take awhile. Problem is it somewhat seals your record so you can't on line access it. Nor can I get my UA upgrades yet because there's no ticket number associated with it.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Got that on a recent purchase, four AA legs and a DL leg, all domestic. Within 12 hours, I had received my e-ticket confirmation via email, and the status had updated to "Ticketed."
Old Sep 21, 2005, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
On Request generally means that you have requested something thru AA that they are waiting on. Usually a leg on another airline. This is always coordinated by humans. They are waiting for the other airline to reply, issue a ticket, say "yes" or "no". And then a human has to receive the response and act upon it.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I saw this happen to a resv for my wife recently and was puzzled also, but before I got a chance to call the status changed to ticketed. The record did involve a code share in the UK
Old Sep 21, 2005, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
My exact problem ... codeshare!

Originally Posted by Cellisvae
I saw this happen to a resv for my wife recently and was puzzled also, but before I got a chance to call the status changed to ticketed. The record did involve a code share in the UK
I booked a code share (LHR-AMS on BA) on Sunday afternoon.

The ticket did not get 'ticketed' until Wed morning mid-morning (today).

While I realize the ticketing people 1)dont work weekends and 2) work in departing order (mine was for Feb) ... I kinda wonder if 2.5 days is a bit excessive.

At the same time I booked a 'normal' flight and it stayed at Purchased the same amount of time.

Makes you wonder if booking something 330 days out will stay Purchased and not Ticketed for several days....

I can deal with the weekends and maybe Monday into Tuesday turnaround, but into Wednesday means they are either very very busy or very understaffed. Me thinks the later!

Oh well, Arpey got my money when I purchased the ticket Sunday night .. it just took until Wed mid day for the internal ticket-creators to actually get around to processing the purchase.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I used a voucher for partial payment and also got an "on request" for several weeks. I had to send the voucher in by mail - it seems they waited for it to arrive and for the voucher department to process it. So, it seems the "waiting" can also involve AA internal processes...
Old Sep 22, 2005, 1:57 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
I booked an AAward ticket to Australia and my ticket was ON REQUEST for a few days. I believe the AAgent said something about having it be approved. I would think there's some audit of the transaction and/or confirmation with the partner airline (QF).
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:00 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I've had an award itinerary On Request for over three weeks now.. so if it hasn't been ticketed, can I make changes to the itin without a fee?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
I had a ticket on request and they let me make routing changes untill it was ticketed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.