Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

The EXPO has been closed...... NGO-ORD to be dropped from 30OCT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 5:19 am
TR35R

Sad news from Japan....

ORD~NGO service to be suspended (effective from Nov/1st/05)

and here's the source (in Japanese)
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...-kyodo-bus_all

Last edited by TR35R; Sep 14, 2006 at 1:25 am

Old Sep 30, 2005, 6:27 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
That's why it's been so "cheap" lately!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:58 am

NGO-ORD to be dropped from 30OCT

American has announced the suspension of Chicago-Nagoya effective 30OCT.

The route was launched back in April 2005.

American says high fuel price and low yield in Business Class contributed the decision.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:10 am

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
Anything in ENGLISH we can read?
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:13 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Well, that certainly opens up one (two?) 777s for other routes.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Flyer1965
Anything in ENGLISH we can read?
Here's the text (verbatim) after babelfishing the link:

The fuel high, Chubu? From the Chicago suspension American aeronautical November It announced that American aeronautical most major American aviation on the 30th, receives soaring of the jet fuel, suspends the route which ties the Chubu international airport and American Chicago from November. According to the national traffic ministry, the overseas airliner fuel cost soaring as for deciding the suspension of the Japanese line in the reason, Narita of northwest aviation? It follows to the New York line, the 2nd route. Chubu? Everyday it had operated the Chicago line from the April this year. The same company has made the for the sake of fuel price soars with influence of the hurricane, but the extent which the number of passengers thinks in the business class and the like whose profitability is high it seems that also not extending influences. After withdrawal of the Continental United States line from the Chubu airport opening in the February this year, the first time. As for the Chubu airport in order to win the competition with the other international airport, completeness of the long distance route to Europe and America had needed, but with suspension of the principal route in only 7 months, also the second look at the strategy may be approached. (Cooperation communication) - September 30th 17:8 renewals
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Well, that certainly opens up one (two?) 777s for other routes.
Back to the 2nd daily Miami-Buenos Aires flight, for now.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Sigh....Speculated....Now a Reality

Sigh....I've speculated before that this may happen, judging from the poor F/J loads on this route, but didn't expect this to happen so soon!!

I assume as well NGO is losing money. I've been on the flights and either outbound and inbound there was not more than a 1/4 filled J cabin, F was.....deserted, except for a few non revs and of course the two pilot rest seats. I wonder how long will AA hold onto NGO.....but then again, the plans are to have NGO as a connecting point alleviating the connections at NRT (which are BIG PITA, especially from AA to JL or vice versa). But then again, I'm amazed about the lack of connections at NGO.....I have CX flights to/from TPE/HKG that doesn't really connect with the AA NGO-ORD flight......especially in the winter, the departure is too early for someone arriving from HKG.....
from http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...&highlight=NGO

and...

I'd thought it's weird to deploy suites on ORD-NGO, as this route has got to be the LEAST profitable in the premium cabins.....of the two trips I took, both J and F passengers can all be accommodated in the F cabin.....I think AA should just start "consolidating" J/F cabins on ORD-NGO, so that they can just "close off" the J cabin to save labor and catering costs.......
from http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...&highlight=NGO

VERY SAD indeed. The crews I had on this route had been outstanding!!! I will surely miss flying this route to connect to Asia.....NRT connections have been too crowded lately.....

On another note....I had an absolutely HORRIFIC ONEWORLD connection at NGO last month.......(took 1:30 hours) due to CX's fault, and I wrote a letter of complaint to CX, and CC'ed AA, and OWMC but as of now only heard back from AA (good job, AA!).

Come to think of it, the oneworld presence may never be quite like that of Star at NGO.....

Last edited by jkc22; Sep 30, 2005 at 10:22 am
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's the press release:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050930/daf021.html?.v=27

Also mentions the temporary suspension of 15 daily round trips to outstations from DFW and ORD.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:38 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Talking Gotta love babelfish...

Originally Posted by ntamayo
Here's the text (verbatim) after babelfishing the link:
Thanks, that clears it up
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:43 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE
I thought this announcment would come since they opened KIX (osaka) and the airports are only 30 minutes apart, no reason to have both.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
Right destination, wrong hub

NW probably had the Midwest USA-NGO market sewn up with their daily flight from DTW. The biggest high-yield O&D probably comes from Detroit as well, as Nagoya/Gifu prefecture is also a huge auto manufacturing region.

In my opinion, it would have been better for AA to operate LAX-NGO, in cooperation with JAL (which operated it until 2002 I believe).

Aaron G.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:11 pm

Well, it was fun while it lasted.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:26 pm
kdp

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Originally Posted by jiml1126
American has announced the suspension of Chicago-Nagoya effective 30OCT.

The route was launched back in April 2005.

American says high fuel price and low yield in Business Class contributed the decision.

My flights for next weekend were showing C7 (UG to biz class) for both directions. We took 4 of them, and it still shows C7. Ord-Nrt has been C0 for the same dates.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I am also in J in a week and a half ORD-NGO and only 4 J seats show as occupied on ExperFlyer at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.