Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Gate Agent for Two Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2005, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

One Gate Agent for Two Flights

I was flying out of IND on 5 July and was amazed to see that there was only one gate agent dealing with two flights. The next gate was doing the same.

I'm not sure of the gate number but there were stairs to the tarmac for a prop plane to STL (my flight) and the gangway to a jet. The one agent had to deal with the arrival of the jet and my departure and all of the people with questions. For boarding my flight she announced all rows and that she would meet us at the bottom of the stairs.

When she was collecting my boarding pass I asked if people had called in sick. She said no, that is just how it has been lately.

Anyone else noticed this at IND or other AA gates?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This happens all the time at CLT (AA only has two gates w/in 20 feet of each other) with ORD/MIA/DFW/STL departures/arrivals. It can get pretty hectic and passengers are often confused as to which gate is theirs. While there are two separate stands, AA only uses one, although most of the time there are two GAs tag-teaming the flights. However, without a clear delineation between flights and gates it is frequently a mess. This is one station where "You have no chance of being upgraded" is often told to elites in order to get them to go away (without being put on the airport standby list) so an agent can close out a flight while preparing for the arrival of another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.