seat configuration

Old Jun 12, 2005, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Question seat configuration

I am traveling AA coach from BOS to HNL in mid July with 2 teenagers. I went to seat guru to see seats and can't view 763 row 13G,H,J or m83 row 10D,E,F. Anyone out there that can provide info? Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2005, 7:41 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Welcome to FT . and ALOHA!

I think what you are saying is the seatguru lists these seats just fine.. but when you go onto aa.com you cannot reserve them. Is this more correct??

I went to expertflyer.com which lists seats from the aa.com seat map. While row 13 mid-July looks always full on the ORD-HNL nonstop .. row 12 in some cases lists the seats as 'premium only'. AA reserves some seats as premium (top tier AAdvantage) or handicapped only. Not sure on row 10 .. row 9 B and D list as premium .. unsure why row 10 is an issue.

If you would list flights and dates someone can check on various sources. aa.com does 'hide' seats from view, but since I'm top tier it has never bother me since I see them all! Expertflyer.com uses the aa computer but 'notes' premium seats when unassigned.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diaga
I am traveling AA coach from BOS to HNL in mid July with 2 teenagers. I went to seat guru to see seats and can't view 763 row 13G,H,J or m83 row 10D,E,F. Anyone out there that can provide info? Thanks

Sorry wasn't specific enough. Those are the seats that I have already booked. I went to seat guru (just heard about the site) to see if they were OK seats. We have the same seats coming and going. Was looking to see if there were power ports (2 teenages with ipods). Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:59 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was able to see those seats on seatguru. The 763 seats are not indicated to have power ports (13 G,H,J). The MD83 seats (10 D,E,F) do have power- 2 for the 3 seats.

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 10:24 am

Makes more sense now!

Um .. do IPods take batteries.. this might be the best option for the long over-water flight. The seats you have (13) are quite decent ... so would not suggest switching just for powerports.

A lot of people in coach really like the mini-cabin feel where you are at.

REMEMBER FOOD is buy-on-board .. and depending on teenager's appetities not very much! $5 for a sandwich. ORD has decent food court with a good burrito place (tho may still be breakfast when you transit) .. and the Wolfgang Pucks on K concourse has good-looking take-a-ways. The chineese food place is pretty standard .. and luke-warm orange chicken on the flight is certainly better than sandwiches.

You may consider bringing your own food from Boston (lobster sandwiches!) in a cooler and make a fun picinic out of the trip!
Old Jun 12, 2005, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Talking

[QUOTE=diaga]Sorry wasn't specific enough. Those are the seats that I have already booked. I went to seat guru (just heard about the site) to see if they were OK seats. We have the same seats coming and going. Was looking to see if there were power ports (2 teenages with ipods). Thanks[/QUOT
Thansk very much for the info. I don't think the IPODs take regular batteries. So hope the charge lasts over the long flight till we get in and can recharge. As for the food-I'll be carrying a backpack full but I know whatever they are selling onboard mine will want too. Thanks again.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 4:01 pm

Any teenagers that have ipods.. will undoubtedly have additional head/ear phones. Ask them if you can borrow two of their spare cheap ones. I'm sure they have their new favs so can loan you the old iky ones! Those certainly will be better for the inflight movies and such than the $2 junk AA sells you!

While I know NOTHING about IPods I did a search and found this 18hour external battery pack that can be connected to them. http://www.ebatts.com/apple_ipod2-do...rt_b-8659.aspx This might be a cheap alternative to kids that are unhappy during the long flights!

Also, in reading, there is something about not letting the IPod fully discharge . that the battery will last longer with 'proper maintenace'.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.