Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate upgrade certs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Corporate upgrade certs

Ok, not sure yet of the name of the certs, but my company apparently has these certificates for international travel that can be used to upgrade full-fare international coach tickets to the next class of service on American. They are something we get either because 1) of the volume we do with AA or 2) because we use a major travel company (Amex).

Does anyone have any idea what these could be? I am asking because I am trying to assess the flexibility of using these with a full-fare couch flight @ $2700 to london vs buying a full-fare business class in the mid-$3000 range.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Could be the certs referenced in this thread: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414057
Old Mar 23, 2005, 1:59 pm

From your description, they are likely TRANSUPGs. They are capacity controlled, but if there's availability you can save some money. If there's not availability, then you could spend some more and buy business. Full fare coach should be fully refundable.

By the way, where did you see that pricing? For r/t, you seem a bit low for full Y and very low for full C (by a factor of 2x if not more).

Last edited by richarddd; Mar 23, 2005 at 2:56 pm
Old Mar 23, 2005, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Could be the certs referenced in this thread: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414057
The certificates that I was referring to are for J to F only. The star file is N*TRANSUPG05 if you want to look up the details.

These things are the only thing that keeps me off of JL planes to NRT, LX planes to ZRH, and BA planes (via yyz) to LHR. I still like AA FC over other carriers' BC. I know its not as good as it used to be, but its still better.

Its possible that there are versions of these for Y to J only, but I've never seen or heard of them.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 2:54 pm

The TRANSUPGs I'm famililar with are full fare coach to business. We use them frequently.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by richarddd
The TRANSUPGs I'm famililar with are full fare coach to business. We use them frequently.
Definitely. Previous TRANSUPG certs I've seen were for full -Y- or full -J- to the next cabin up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.