Flying American? Help Lambda Legal! Costs you nothing!!!

Old Jan 26, 2005, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United, AirTran
Flying American? Help Lambda Legal! Costs you nothing!!!

Hello American Flyers,

I know you can make a HUGE difference please read on below!

I work for an amazing organization Lambda Legal, for the past 30 years we have been on the vanguard of civil rights litigation for the LGBT community and those who are HIV positive. We are a non profit law firm and take pro bono cases big and small. You may have heard of our case Lawrence v. Texas where we eliminated all remaining sodomy laws or our case against Cirque du Soleil for firing a HIV positive gymnast. Then there are a bunch of smaller cases trying to fight against the "this is the law except if your gay" interpretations of laws that sometimes rule the land.

So there's something VERY EASY you can do to help this FANTASTIC organization.

When you book a flight on American Airlines simply provide Lambda's Business ExtrAA number, [removed by moderator] . That's it simple! You will help us earn free travel that will allow us to assist those who need help most. More info below.

***This will NOT effect your earning of individual American Airlines miles!!!

Please consider helping out in this small way which could produce a huge return for this amazing organization. I for one do not underestimate the power of FlyerTalk. You can learn more about Lambda Legal at [removed by moderator] . I know everyone may not agree with this post, I'm not trying to start a debate just passing a good opportunity along.

Thanks,

pointspanic

HELP LAMBDA LEGAL EARN POINT WITH YOUR TRAVEL ON AMERICAN AIRLINES

American Airlines has renewed their national sponsorship of Lambda Legal for 2005 and thus is our official airline. When booking your travel, whether it be business or personal, please always consider American Airlines.

Help Lambda Legal whenever you travel on AA simply by providing Lambda's Business ExtrAA number, [removed by moderator] , when booking your travel. Business ExtrAA is a travel reward and incentive program that allows Lambda to earn points whenever you travel on Americal Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection.

How to use Business ExtrAA:

When making reservations on the AA website, be sure to enter the Business ExtrAA number in the Corporate Identification field. This field is at the bottom of the reservations page where passenger details are verified. You may also provide the Business ExtrAA number to your travel agent or you may book with an AA Business ExtrAA reservations agent by calling 800-433-1790.

Important things to remember

- You can still earn your personal AAdvantage miles when using Lambda's Business ExtrAA number, you just earn points for yourself and for Lambda at the same time!
- You can not use the Business ExtrAA number when flying on free travel award letters or on free AAdvantage award tickets.
- Lambda can receive credit only when the Business ExtrAA number is entered at the time the reservation is made. If you fail to enter or provide the number at that time, no credit will be earned, nor will you be able to enter it after the reservation has been made.

Thank you for supporting Lambda Legal and American Airlines.

Last edited by Plato90s; Jan 26, 2005 at 10:06 am
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

x-post

How many other forums are you posting this in, besides Women Travelers and GLBT Travelers?
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:22 am

Aside from the solicitation aspects that can be raised (in terms of FT's TOS), isn't this a violation of the T&Cs of BusinessExtrAA? Don't the persons using the numbers actually have to be employees?

Mike
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:24 am

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
I was previously unaware of this opportunity. Please don't take offense, but does anyone else know of other groups that participate in this? I wouldn't mind "spreading the wealth" among various groups instead of focussing on just one.

What does the group get in return - how do points accrue and how many are needed for travel?

Does the group (in this case Lambda Legal) fly coach?

Thanks for additional information.

Sam
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
I was previously unaware of this opportunity. Please don't take offense, but does anyone else know of other groups that participate in this? I wouldn't mind "spreading the wealth" among various groups instead of focussing on just one.
The details of the program can be found at http://www.businessextraa.com. Essentially, it is a way for businesses to earn rewards (above and beyond AAdvantage miles) when they book their employees through AA. The points accrue based on dollars spent.

While there are likely quite a few companies participating in the program, it does not appear to be designed as a mechanism for donations or charity. The program is specifically tailored for travel by a company's employees, also suggesting that they can disqualify any individual purchase made by (or on behalf of) a non-employee.

Mike
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:32 am

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
Oh.

Lock this up then. I was trying to be nice, but i don't see any reason to put the spotlight on myself. After all, it is me who would be violating the rules.

Sam
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

[moderator hat on]

As this constitutes SPAM and appear to be a violation of both the spirit and the rules of the AAdvantage program, it is now locked.

[moderator hat off]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.