Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Old May 14, 2004, 12:15 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Flagship Lounge at LAX - Does Hours Match AC?

Subject says it all.
Old May 14, 2004, 6:09 pm

It should

Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Subject says it all.
I have used the FL at 0600, just after opening time (0530) for the AC last year and AA has P service to JFK scheduled at almost every 2 hours from LAX to JFK thru 11:15 pm so I would guess the FL is open for the use of these pax all day until the AC closes at 11:30 pm

Last edited by ajacpril; May 14, 2004 at 6:12 pm
Old May 22, 2004, 1:12 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
I had the pleasure of the LAX FL on May 13 - the AC opened at 5.15 and so did the FL. My wife and I were the first and only in there for the first 45 mins or so....
Old Aug 11, 2004, 12:04 am

Programs: CX, BA
Flagship lounge access in LAX

Will be taking the family (wife + baby daughter) to Disney world Orlando for vacation. Flying from HKG to LAX on CX ticket and separately purchased the domestic flight to MCO on AA (coach class).

1. I've got a long stopver at LAX before my AA flight and as a Oneworld Emerald, from reading the AA website, I should have access to the Flagship lounge at LAX along with 1 guest. I assume that they will treat my wife and baby daughter as 1 guest right? Anyone had issues of such nature with the AA staff?

2. What lounges are available at MCO other than the BA one?
Old Aug 11, 2004, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Gambler
Will be taking the family (wife + baby daughter) to Disney world Orlando for vacation. Flying from HKG to LAX on CX ticket and separately purchased the domestic flight to MCO on AA (coach class).

1. I've got a long stopver at LAX before my AA flight and as a Oneworld Emerald, from reading the AA website, I should have access to the Flagship lounge at LAX along with 1 guest. I assume that they will treat my wife and baby daughter as 1 guest right? Anyone had issues of such nature with the AA staff?

2. What lounges are available at MCO other than the BA one?
your cx card should get you in to the fl,
as far as mco goes i would check and see if the ba flight leaves around the same time as your flight
Old Aug 11, 2004, 1:16 am

Programs: CX, BA
further question - from reading these boards it appears the CX lounge in LAX is abit of a dump hence on the return leg, is it possible to check in for my CX flight and pop back over to T4 to use the FL?
Old Aug 11, 2004, 5:35 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Gambler
further question - from reading these boards it appears the CX lounge in LAX is abit of a dump hence on the return leg, is it possible to check in for my CX flight and pop back over to T4 to use the FL?
Not normally. Once you leave T4, you're unlikely to be readmitted. Why not remain at T4 after coming in from MCO and then head over to TBIT (Tom Bradley International Terminal) before your CX flight? You could ask the staff at the FL if they can check you in for that flight, although I am not sure whether they can.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 7:38 am

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
Be forewarned. Many of the FL gate guardians will use any excuse to keep out children. We have four children and I have had the the "one guest rule" invoked several times until I point out my two young daughters are also EXP, entitling us collectively to three guests.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 7:47 am

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
LAX lounges

Excuse me but I am gonna take advantage of this thread and ask a question that I'm sure could be answered if I searched--

I don't fly in/out of LAX very often. This weekend I will arrive LAX on AA, connecting to CX (J class) for HKG flight, and the following week end the reverse.

As EXP, what are my lounge options?
Old Aug 11, 2004, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by lpeterman
Excuse me but I am gonna take advantage of this thread and ask a question that I'm sure could be answered if I searched--

I don't fly in/out of LAX very often. This weekend I will arrive LAX on AA, connecting to CX (J class) for HKG flight, and the following week end the reverse.

As an EXP on an internat. itin., you'll have access to the AA FL in both directions...maximize your time there, and minimize your time in the Bradley terminal (where CX departs from), where the OneWorld Lounges are nothing special, and sometimes quite crowded and loud (especially my experience in the CX lounge (s). I would assume that, since you're connecting on OneWorld carriers, that you'll get both boarding passes at your originating airport...?
Old Aug 11, 2004, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by lpeterman

You are entitled to go to the AA FL lounge on arrival but as CX departs from a different terminal its not that useful. I guess if you have a 4 hour layover you could spend the first hour or 2 in the AA FL before changing terminals and going back through security.

CX has a lounge that you will be able to go to but its probably the worst in CX network. Its small and crowded. They do have an extra "first class" room at the back that you are entitled to sit in because you are EXP, but its even smaller with no food or drinks.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by millionmiler
You are entitled to go to the AA FL lounge on arrival but as CX departs from a different terminal its not that useful. I guess if you have a 4 hour layover you could spend the first hour or 2 in the AA FL before changing terminals and going back through security.

CX has a lounge that you will be able to go to but its probably the worst in CX network. Its small and crowded. They do have an extra "first class" room at the back that you are entitled to sit in because you are EXP, but its even smaller with no food or drinks.
If I had a 4 hour layover AND was already checked in for my CX flight, I'd spend at least 2 1/2 hours in the AA FL...it takes only 5 minutes to walk to the Bradley terminal, where the security lines have recently been fairly short in my experience. CX usually opens a second lounge since they have 2 flights leaving close to each other, and they use the AF lounge, which is nicer than the CX lounge except that the food and drink selection is more limited...go figure (unfortunately they don't cater it the same way that AF does!)
Old Aug 11, 2004, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by FoothillFlyer
Be forewarned. Many of the FL gate guardians will use any excuse to keep out children. We have four children and I have had the the "one guest rule" invoked several times until I point out my two young daughters are also EXP, entitling us collectively to three guests.
I have had the opposite experience - was admitted (with a smile) to the LAX FL, as well as many other ACs and FLs, with my wife and two young children. I am the only one with status.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Wife + 2 children is one thing, and I have never had a problem at the FL in BOS...but I can see how wife + 4 children pushes the limit. Being one of 5 children myself, I take offense to that, but c'est la vie.

OT, IMO, going from 2 children to 3/4 children, when traveling, is a exponential increase in cost/challenge/complexity, etc.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by nologic
Wife + 2 children is one thing, and I have never had a problem at the FL in BOS...but I can see how wife + 4 children pushes the limit. Being one of 5 children myself, I take offense to that, but c'est la vie.

OT, IMO, going from 2 children to 3/4 children, when traveling, is a exponential increase in cost/challenge/complexity, etc.
You haven't seen my kids on a good day, have you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.