Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Please keep your feet, shoes and socks off the bulkhead walls, armrests, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

There is nothing that grinds my gears more than someone putting thier feet up on the bulkhead walls, armrests or drink tables in First Class.

I was on three American Airlines 737-800 flights over the past few days and each time there was passenger that put their feet on the bulkhead or on the armrest and drink table on the seat in front of them.

Barefooted, with socks or with shoes, I find this behavior as rude and bordering on disgusting.

Please keep your feet on the floor. Thank you.

soccer
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
If I am in the bulkhead I will likely put my feet on the wall at some point. Sorry it disturbes you but hopefully you were not planning on eating off it which would be yucky.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
OP - Read the Delta thread about this.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
OP, I hear you. The shoes thing bugs me too. But I always travel with a clean pair of slipper socks that I slip in to on long flights. And yes, they sometimes end up on the bulkhead wall. I'm 6'1" and have severe arthritis in both knees. Not trying to be gross, but sometimes a dude just needs to stretch out.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Nothing wrong with putting clean socks up on the bulkhead. Its one of the reasons I love sitting in them. Armrests, however, are always inappropriate and I will give people the evil eye stare behind me until they take their feet down.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Shoes should never come off on an airplane. When exactly did it become acceptable to act like you are in your own living room when in a shared public place?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: UGS, AA CK
Will put feet on the bulkhead if sitting there, and, no, i won't say sorry about it. OP, don't touch the bulkhead if it is an issue for you.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by terminator33
Shoes should never come off on an airplane. When exactly did it become acceptable to act like you are in your own living room when in a shared public place?
I take it you don't change into PJs for overnight flights? Why should I keep my shoes on while I lie down to sleep?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I take it you don't change into PJs for overnight flights? Why should I keep my shoes on while I lie down to sleep?
That I wouldn't have a problem with. My comment is aimed at domestic flights.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
When exactly did it become acceptable to act like you are in your own living room when in a shared public place?
it became acceptable when I paid $ 2000+ for that seat. If it bothers you to see my clean socks on the bulkhead, please exercise your right to look elsewhere in the cabin.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
People do different things in this situation. I've done both at times. OP, get over it, or fly private where you get to make the rules. And please spare us the rants.

So, in answer to your ranted request: No, thank you.

Cheers.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
That I wouldn't have a problem with. My comment is aimed at domestic flights.
So, what makes the removal of shoes acceptable on some flights but not others? Please enlighten me while I take my shoes off as I do on practically every flight.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
I sometimes saw passengers put their shoes in the overhead bin.
Just curious, is it basically acceptable in US?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
I can't imagine not taking my shoes off on 15+ hour flights like JFK-HKG. It's a really long flight and keeping your shoes on is uncomfortable. I put them on when I walk about the cabin, but I take them off when I'm in my seat.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
I personally do not put any part of my body against the bulkhead, shod or unshod, because I was not raised that way.

However, if someone else does, that is their decision, based on whatever they choose to use as their rationalization.

Rhetorical question: If you wouldn't do (something) in your own home, why would it be ok to the same (something) elsewhere?

Last edited by Dallas49er; Apr 23, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.