Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
Right at 65K EQM's currently and should break 100K by end of May. Happy my registration confirmation email today didn't say anything about NOT being backward counting.

Question: are these award SWU's without an expiration, or is it the standard 1-year rule on them?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brp
We can sure as hell hope so, so that people will have to earn status for a change.

Cheers.
^ I hope so too. Ironically I was going to hit 125k EQPs this year for the first time but don't mind it includes EQMs. I'll probably hit 100k EQMs / 125k EQPs in 2013 but this will give me an incentive to aim for 150k.

As for dilution worries I've missed 1 SWU upgrade in 13 years (due to Metallica's support staff selling out J on MIA-GIG) and 1 sticker upgrade in the last 5 years so I won't get too concerned just yet.

Well done AA!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
Right at 65K EQM's currently and should break 100K by end of May. Happy my registration confirmation email today didn't say anything about NOT being backward counting.

Question: are these award SWU's without an expiration, or is it the standard 1-year rule on them?
Per T&C, they expire in Feb 2015.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Interesting, i was planning on matching to AS because i'm going to renew to exp sometime during the summer and i'm flying AS a lot. But this gives me a reason to keep my miles on AA at least this year.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
If you can actually earn the rewards for the milestones that are below your current elite status level, that will be a quiet nice promotion. Maybe I will be trying to go to 150k
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:51 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I remember when UA did this (along with free Dinosaur rides . This is another reason to jump to AA. I'm surprised more people on the UA threads are not discussing this (as a 1K that was an extra 100K RDM's w bonuses). Can't wait to see if the merger is a mess or not. I'm finally thinking seriously about AA for the future
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by moman
I wonder if they are doing this to keep people onboard thru the merger. If business was strong, presumably they wouldn't need these promotions.
Well probably they are willing to be more generous this year due to the merger. I hope they decide to combine all AA and US earned miles to count for Million Miler when they finally merge the FFs. This will help me a lot for the Million Miler
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Also, note the timing of this offer.....just as the sequester is starting to have an impact on commercial air travel. I imagine there will be some bad press coming soon about air travel delays nationwide, and so this offer might be an attempt by AA to encourage people to continue buying tickets for future travel while the current situation is turning people off to air travel.
Good point. And I'm going to be the bad guy (temporarily) by requiring only direct flights during the sequester, even if it means flying on a different carrier than your fave. The only exception is if you leave home base before 7am. Four of my staff are AA loyalists and have no problem with early departures. My only whiners fly DL.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Nice extra bonuses. Already past the 40K plateau and should hit the 75K one by early fall. Just need to decide which are the better bonuses. At the moment I suppose the 10% discount voucher (to use on a TPAC booking), then the 20K RDMs. Unlikely to hit 125K (though will cross 100K for requalifying for ExecPlat) so no extra SWU. <off-topic comments removed by moderator>

Last edited by JY1024; May 11, 2013 at 11:18 pm Reason: off-topic comments removed by moderator
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikelat
I don't think we'll be seeing 777's on DUB or LIM routes. I'd be happy to be wrong though...
Not suggesting that there would be any 777's on the DUB or LIM routes, just added LH flights where people sometimes opt to use SWUs from Y->J..

I guess I should summarize that my POV is that there will be more overall capacity for upgrades with the addition of the new planes and routes. I'm sure that some of us (not me though) use some of their SWUs on domestic upgrades, but I'm pretty sure most are used on Int'l flights, which are expanding.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:26 am

Is there any limitation to flying AA metal only for these bonuses?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I remember when UA did this (along with free Dinosaur rides . This is another reason to jump to AA. I'm surprised more people on the UA threads are not discussing this (as a 1K that was an extra 100K RDM's w bonuses). Can't wait to see if the merger is a mess or not. I'm finally thinking seriously about AA for the future
As someone who jumped last year I haven't looked back once. I just hope to all hopes that the merger goes a lot better. Sticking with UA for as long as I did through the turmoil and complete dismantling of anything normal caused me to lose all faith in air travel until I came over to AA. The best move I ever made....I kick myself in the butt for waiting so long.....so PLEASE OH PLEASE do not screw up a good thing!!!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Is there any limitation to flying AA metal only for these bonuses?
No. If you earn EQM/EQP or Segments on codeshares per the accumulation rules (some deep discount tickets earn nothing, or 30% of miles flown with some partners, for example), these will count to earning these bonuses.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:52 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
That the offer is cumulative is the best part.
IMHO, free wifi is the least desirable, especially when you read the notes in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...highlight=wifi
Side question: when you use gogo (=wifi), do you share the bandwidth? If so, having lots of people using wifi is a BIG negative.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by terminator33
PLT's with SWU's? Am I the only one that caught this?
It is a rather obvious and clear reward so no, I imagine everyone who looked at the chart could see that.

I can't imagine why this is a cause for any concern though, no plat is going to take an upgrade that an EXP wanted, and they only get one of them so hardly a major concern.

I also fail to see any sign of 'new levels' being set, the old elite rewards scheme had the same 125K tier so nothing new there and the rewards on the way up the chart are nice but not great enough to suggest anything special happening there either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.