Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Check your AAdvantage accounts...

My 2013 Elite Rewards just posted today. It took about 7 weeks to post from making my selection.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:50 pm

Rules for 10% aa.com discount (elite reward)?

Only a few days left to claim a 2013 first-tier elite reward. I'm leaning toward the 10% aa.com discount, but can't find the rules. I emailed c/s a week ago and heard back from their happy robot, but no human yet, so any help would be appreciated.

I did search, of course, but neither this site's search nor google led me to anything comprehensive. Nor did searching aa.com shed light.

I did read that the discount had to be claimed within 90 days, although the flights could be scheduled beyond that period, and that there were black-out dates/flights involved. And could it be that the discount applies to aa's fare and excludes taxes and perhaps even fuel surcharges? Dunno.

Anyway, thanks for any enlightenment.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum
aa has a webpage with all the rules on it for all the rewards
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/elite-rewards.jsp
(they come up in a pop window if you click on terms and conditions).

the rules for the 10% and 20% discount codes are as follows:
(the most important one to bear in mind is that you must book your tix within 60 days of receiving the code)

Discount Code for aa.com

Discount code for aa.com entitles the user to a percentage discount on a published round-trip or one-way fare to any American Airlines, American Eagle or American Connection destination worldwide, excluding codeshare flights. Please allow up to four weeks for processing to receive your code. Tickets must be purchased on aa.com. Booking dates and travel embargo dates apply. All dates are subject to change at any time without notice. Code is valid for 60 days and travel must be completed within 11 months from the date you receive the code. Please be sure to complete your booking on aa.com within 60 days of receiving your code. Discount must be used on a single purchase. Only residents of the U.S., Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Canada, U.K., Latin America and the Caribbean (except for Martinique and Guadeloupe) using a credit card with a billing address in their home country are eligible to redeem the discount code on aa.com. Members with a credit card billing address in any other country are not eligible to redeem this discount promotion code. In order to receive this discount, the purchased price must be a minimum of $150.00, which includes taxes and carrier-imposed fees. The discount will be applied only to the base fare, meaning the total fare exclusive of all taxes and carrier-imposed fees. That is, the discount will not be applied to carrier imposed surcharges, passenger facility charges, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any or any other government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges, including the Sept. 11 security fee of $2.50 per domestic enplanement up to a max of $10, the federal excise tax (the per segment tax on takeoff and landing of $4.00 per domestic segment) and up to $18 per roundtrip in local airport charges. The discount cannot be used for travel on the embargo dates. The promotion code requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations purchased or reservations placed on hold. Only one promotion code may be used per reservation, for up to six people in the reservation. Round-trip travel is defined as travel from your city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations. Please retain a copy of your promotion code. Promotion codes cannot be reissued or replaced. For full terms and conditions about aa.com promotion codes, visit aa.com/discountcode.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by JohnAx
Only a few days left to claim a 2013 first-tier elite reward. I'm leaning toward the 10% aa.com discount, but can't find the rules. I emailed c/s a week ago and heard back from their happy robot, but no human yet, so any help would be appreciated.
As American Airlines and AAdvantage are still operating as distinct entities, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:54 am

Thanks, sohony! Sorry I didn't follow that reasonably-obvious on aa.com. Aadvantage c/s still hasn't gotten around to answering my question, kind of a worrying non-result.

Most people will have already have selected their "reward" so this is probably moot, but besides having to use the code within 60 days anyone still pondering should notice the devil in all the details -

- on routes where aa now includes YR/YQ, the discount can be more like 6%, e.g. JFK-LHR-JFK biz at $3685 includes $828 of aa's YR plus about $350 of taxes that won't be discounted.

- there are blackout travel dates, perhaps ones that might be unexpected - another poster mentioned surprise that particular dates s/he wanted were blocked. So for inflexible travel you may or may not be able to tell a priori if your code will work.

- the discount doesn't apply to two half-round-trips, i.e. open-jaw or return to different city, which seem to be so commonly allowed by the fare rules that I would never have thought to ask.

- not stated in the rules but I'll bet (from the old 10% discount coupon rules) that originating e.g. ex-Europe won't be allowed. The rule-writer perhaps expected them to be excluded by the "U.S. credit card required" rule.

So having checked the teeth, no 'gift horse' in this reward!

Safe and happy travels to all!

John

FWIW at this last minute, when you go to claim your reward the "more info" link by the 10%-discount choice does show the list of black-out dates. Sadly, almost every "interesting" travel day.

Last edited by JohnAx; Feb 26, 2014 at 11:21 am Reason: Added info
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Andrito
Is this an annual thing? Just wondering if the same opportunities will be there for this year.
From a factual point of view, 2012 elite rewards were announced on March 9th, 2013 rewards by the 3rd week of April

Let's hope AA quickly announce the 2014 one :-)
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Just a friendly bump for those of us who may still have an outstanding award to select
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:26 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Last call!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:02 am

Thanks for the reminders--I probably would have forgotten to do this today, otherwise.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
My stickers still haven't posted. Need them (hopefully) soon, so emailed them. Looks like for others, miles have posted - anyone else not gotten their requested stickers yet? I know - end of the world!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sohony
aa has a webpage with all the rules on it for all the rewards
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/elite-rewards.jsp
(they come up in a pop window if you click on terms and conditions).
Not a moment too soon I'm finally picking my rewards. Was going to pick the 10% discount for #1 but it sounds like a lot of stars have to align for it to be worth more than $100 (what the other choices are roughly worth).

Does anyone know the embargo dates? Can't find them on aa.com.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Stripe
Not a moment too soon I'm finally picking my rewards. Was going to pick the 10% discount for #1 but it sounds like a lot of stars have to align for it to be worth more than $100 (what the other choices are roughly worth).

Does anyone know the embargo dates? Can't find them on aa.com.
I got the 10%, and I think I can realistically only use it to save me $30. I should have got the 10,000 miles. There are too many stars to line up, and too many embargo dates.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
About a week before the 2/28 deadline i elected to take the miles for the first two thresholds. About a week ago the second tier award posted (20,000 miles.) No sign yet of the first tier (10,000 miles.) Anyone else have this experience? I am sure it can addressed with a call; i will wait to see if it self fixes after the monthly roll this weekend.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Plat; UA.
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
About a week before the 2/28 deadline i elected to take the miles for the first two thresholds. About a week ago the second tier award posted (20,000 miles.) No sign yet of the first tier (10,000 miles.) Anyone else have this experience? .
In early February I selected the miles for the first threshold and the SWU for threshold #2. The SWU was posted about two weeks ago -- but the miles from the first threshold have not yet appeared.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Originally Posted by Hayvenhurst
In early February I selected the miles for the first threshold and the SWU for threshold #2. The SWU was posted about two weeks ago -- but the miles from the first threshold have not yet appeared.
IIRC, most promotions say that miles will generally take 6-8 weeks to post..
I don't remember if that was included in this program but it sounds about right..

Eric

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.