Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best current Citi AAdvantage Bonus offers?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Best current Citi AAdvantage Bonus offers?

Just curious what better offers are out there for the Citi AA card with the $95/annual fee (not interested in the WorldElite since I have the Platinum AMEX). The offer I saw was 30K Miles and $100 statement credit....hoping there are targeted offers out there for more miles.

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:05 pm

Somewhat OT, but do they allow the FF# to be attached to multiple cards at the same time?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kshtofman
Just curious what better offers are out there for the Citi AA card with the $95/annual fee (not interested in the WorldElite since I have the Platinum AMEX). The offer I saw was 30K Miles and $100 statement credit....hoping there are targeted offers out there for more miles.
No need for targeted offers. Just look in this thread (starting with the Wikipost at the top, which lists the best offers).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

Note: You can churn some of the cards (like Visa 50k at the top of that Wikipost) "quickly" (if you can meet the minimum $3k spend per card quickly), but some of the other offers require waiting 12 to 18 to 26 months before repeating.

All the best Citi AA card offers now require $3k spend within 3 months. If that's an issue for you with "normal" spend, do a Google seardh of "Manufactured Spending" to get a primer on that technique which can help you recycle credit card spend back into credit card bill payments with relatively small costs (though it takes a few steps).
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skiflyer
Somewhat OT, but do they allow the FF# to be attached to multiple cards at the same time?
Of course! How else could people have 4, 5, 6 Citi AA cards all open at the same time (which people do report having in the above-linked thread).
Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks sdsearch!
I applied for two 50K's, immediately approved for the first and then had to chat with a representative to get approved for the second. Took around 15 minutes total.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kshtofman
Thanks sdsearch!
I applied for two 50K's, immediately approved for the first and then had to chat with a representative to get approved for the second. Took around 15 minutes total.
I'm glad it worked for you, but I'm mystified as to how it worked. How far apart in time were your two applications?

For weeks now, Citi has generally been turning down the 2nd app unless you wait at least 8 days between apps. But the information I gave you was just 6 days ago. Furthermore, around Sunday (about 3 days ago) people started getting rejected left and right for their 2nd Visa 50k for sudden enforcement of "new customers only". (So it sounds like maybe got your apps in just in the nick of time!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.