Fare Rollover: Need to be in Person?

Old Feb 5, 2001, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
Fare Rollover: Need to be in Person?

I have my DTW-ORD-BRU-Berlin and back on AA ticketed at $505. And now the fare drops to $457 so I phoned to request an rollover.
The agent said it is a paper ticket so I need to have it in person to ticket office/airport to do this.
Any people can manage to do this over phone?

Are there any way to record this request and do the rollover when I get the ticket back from the consulate general?

(My difficultity this time is the ticket is at the hand of German Consulate right now, I don't normally do this but this time just lazy to copy the ticket...)

THANKS!!
Old Feb 5, 2001, 12:41 am

When I've had a paper ticket, I did indeed need to present the actual ticket. I am surprised they will refund you that amount since the "change fee" is more than the fare decrease. I have not had to do this often though so don't rely on my word as final.
Old Feb 5, 2001, 6:26 am

HK-UMICH

I had the same problem, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/002485.html

I called CS, and Naomi very swiftly changed the price of my ticketing, and mentioned that the fare difference will be refunded into my credit card account (not in the form of vouchers). There is no $100 change fee as long as your itinerary remains unchanged. However, as it is considered a new issuance, I will have to drop by a local CTO to be re-ticketed, and all these within 24 hours as the newly priced ticket is only put on hold for that time period. If you cannot make it in 24 hours (like in my case, most of the 24 hours was between Saturday midnight and Sunday!), simply call them again to have it extended a further 24 hours. But the new price is not guaranteed, so if at the time of re-ticketing the fare is gone, it's gone for good!

Enjoy your trip to Germany. I know I will enjoy mine to Italy. Afterall, I am flying American.

Cheers,
Maple

------------------
Flew every one of those 25,000 Q-miles and onto 50,000! But is it worth it still?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.