Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked baggage question : BOS - DFW - CUN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Checked baggage question : BOS - DFW - CUN

Going from Boston to DFW ( landing at 9:20 PM) , taking an AA flight the next day morning at 7:20 AM to Cancun. Would AA allow me to carry a free checked baggage ? Can I check in my baggage all the way to CUN from BOS ?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
the ron at dfw doesn't have any bearing on bag fees......

are you saying you want to pick up another bag at dfw?

others have said that you can either pick up the bags at dfw or check them thru....
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

My question is : since a domestic leg is involved, with an overnight stopover, I am wondering if AA will allow a checked in bag free.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Since you are on a LIFO connection situation (Last In First Out) and not making a stopover, there should be no fee for the domestic segment AFAIK. Since your stay is less than 12 hours, you may be allowed to check your bag(s) through - on stays over 12 hours I have had to retrieve and re-check my bags (SMF-DFW-CUN or SMF-DFW-CZM).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.