Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:33 pm

Where do you see your updated status? I signed up, got the confirmation email, but haven't seen any difference yet.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Free / trial / shortcut to AA Gold status

When I log in on mobile app (iPad) it has a tab that used to show gold, now shows platinum.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sandsunsurf
Has anybody had the upgrades deposited yet? My status updated today, but no stickers.
Upgrades have now been posted!

Last edited by TimeToEarnMiles; Feb 8, 2013 at 7:25 am Reason: Updating the post based on AA depositing the upgrades in my account
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:38 pm

Such good timing...

I got this also but rarely flew with American over the last year. I used to have Gold status but not since 2010 or so. I worked on a production that flew me last minute on 2 very expensive AA flights in December within a few days so maybe that had something to do with it? Either way, looking forward to getting the upgrades and hopefully using them on my trip to New Orleans at the end of the month.
Jeremy
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
targeted?

Originally Posted by TimeToEarnMiles
Upgrades have now been posted!
Were you targeted?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
targeted?

Originally Posted by Jeg54
I got this also but rarely flew with American over the last year. I used to have Gold status but not since 2010 or so. I worked on a production that flew me last minute on 2 very expensive AA flights in December within a few days so maybe that had something to do with it? Either way, looking forward to getting the upgrades and hopefully using them on my trip to New Orleans at the end of the month.
Jeremy

Were you targeted?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rkh29
Were you targeted?
Yes. Did anyone who was not targeted successfully get the upgrades and status?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
I'd like to know that as well. I wasn't targeted but I put the code in and received a confirmation email (I actually signed up for both Gold and Plat since I signed up with the Plat Code before I realized it was the Plat code). I have a trip to the west coast on a Y fare in March that will get me just over 6,000 EQPs r/t. I was planning to do a challenge but if I can get a shot at this trial without having to pay for the challenge, than that would be awesome.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
I'd like to know that as well. I wasn't targeted but I put the code in and received a confirmation email (I actually signed up for both Gold and Plat since I signed up with the Plat Code before I realized it was the Plat code). I have a trip to the west coast on a Y fare in March that will get me just over 6,000 EQPs r/t. I was planning to do a challenge but if I can get a shot at this trial without having to pay for the challenge, than that would be awesome.
Hope springs eternal

But no, those not targeted will not get this, despite signing up. This has been the case, consistently, over any number of promotions where non-targeted folks have signed up. They didn't (and you won't get it. Never hurts to try, of course, but I would suggest not making plans based on this.

Cheers.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by brp
Hope springs eternal

But no, those not targeted will not get this, despite signing up. This has been the case, consistently, over any number of promotions where non-targeted folks have signed up. They didn't (and you won't get it. Never hurts to try, of course, but I would suggest not making plans based on this.

Cheers.
Well at least I can still do a challenge. Only downside is it will cost me $120 instead of just getting to do it through the promo but no biggy if they don't. I did email the AAdvantage Customer Service through the website to ask so we'll see what they say.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I'll confirm that upgrades posted, I was targeted for platinum.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: AA PLT
Extremely Generous Free Platinum Offer (Targeted?)

http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/01/31/n...m-offer-hvppa/

A friend of mine just got this email. Free plat for three months, only 12k EQM (not points as is usual for challenges) to requalify, and 20 free 500 mile upgrades? That's giving away the store.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM
HVEEA. Worked for me and got an email confirming my Registration. My friend did the same, but only the Platinum code got accepted for him. I am already Platinum until Feb 13, so would be interesting to see if my status changes.

Originally Posted by farmertom
is there an EXP offer? I wonder what the code is for that?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
AA accepted the HVEEA code, let's see if I actually get any benefits (I did NOT receive the targeted email).
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by index411
AA accepted the HVEEA code, let's see if I actually get any benefits (I did NOT receive the targeted email).
Erm..no you won't - see post #84

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.