Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
DCA-DFW, 7:40p departure, 10.29.13, 737

Two dinner options:
1. Chicken breast with red pepper sauce
2. Pasta with pesto sauce and vegetables.

Got the chicken. A new dish! Was tasty, served with a plenty patty. I'd also never seen that variation on the pasta; the guy next to me had it and it looked good (I like that it had vegetables in it, which most of the AA pasta dishes don't).

Dessert was a cookie--new for me on this route (it's usually cheesecake). I actually prefer the cookie.

Service was excellent from PDB through landing--great job, crew.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SFO777

P.S.
Chatting with FA and learned that the PIT-LAX flight was double catered at LAX... 8 hours earlier. Yikes.
Amazingly good for that long on ice and a reheat. I can see where they would want to pass on the shrimp.
PIT is always been double-catered, was like that when I did the PIT TEQM offer, hell that was a long time ago, continental breaky on those PIT-DFW flight, I ended up buying cup noodles for the morning, gave an extra one to the FA to cheer them up a bit.
That meal looks exactly like night flight BNA-LAX
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
P.S.
Chatting with FA and learned that the PIT-LAX flight was double catered at LAX... 8 hours earlier. Yikes.
Amazingly good for that long on ice and a reheat. I can see where they would want to pass on the shrimp.
Just because a flight is doubled catered does this mean the meal service needs to be any less then mid-con flights? Just because the meal is on "ice" why can't AA have meals like their mid cons or non flagship transcons? They have the space for the food in the rear galley. You got a much better meal on the DFW-PIT flight...
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Just because a flight is doubled catered does this mean the meal service needs to be any less then mid-con flights? Just because the meal is on "ice" why can't AA have meals like their mid cons or non flagship transcons? They have the space for the food in the rear galley. You got a much better meal on the DFW-PIT flight...
Not sure what is better about the DFW-PIT flight?

I think the bigger issue is spoilage.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sts603
Not sure what is better about the DFW-PIT flight?

I think the bigger issue is spoilage.
Then you never seen SFO777 photo of his food on that route..

Most food items are already cook, just have to keep them cold enough not to have issues, which the airlines have figured out.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I should have taken a picture - LGA-DFW friday evening was warm nuts, a herb and parmesan crusted grilled chicken with wax beans and sweet potatoes, served with a red wine reduction, caesar side salad and shrimp cocktail, plus ice cream or cheese and fruit plate.

Really surprising when you compare to what UA serves on a midcon in F!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
10/25/13 AA 31 LAX-HNL
PDB of OJ, mimosa, champagne, or water
Breakfast choice of (bet you can guess!) cereal or macadamia nut pancakes
Warm tropical nut mix
Mints prior to landing

11/2 AA #162 HNL-LAX
PDB-same as above
Warm tropical nut mix
Lunch choice of macadamia nut crusted chicken w/ginger mashed potatoes & spinach or pasta (tortellini?)
Starter salad & bread, from the cart, w/a choice of caesar or balsamic dressing
Dessert was chesse & cracker plate or made to order sundae ^
Mints prior to landing

Pre-order acknowledged ^

I was very pleasantly surprised at the chicken-nice big piece that was incredibly juicy & tender. Not at all what one would expect from airplane chicken!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by oopsz
I should have taken a picture - LGA-DFW friday evening was warm nuts, a herb and parmesan crusted grilled chicken with wax beans and sweet potatoes, served with a red wine reduction, caesar side salad and shrimp cocktail, plus ice cream or cheese and fruit plate.

Really surprising when you compare to what UA serves on a midcon in F!
I believe I had this on LAX-DFW last weekend. I'll post a pic shortly-
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I believe I had this on LAX-DFW last weekend. I'll post a pic shortly-
With or without the shrimp cocktail and ice cream?

If with, along with what WChou posted for a recent snack flight, is AA finally eliminating the "enhancement?"
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
With or without the shrimp cocktail and ice cream?

If with, along with what WChou posted for a recent snack flight, is AA finally eliminating the "enhancement?"
Without None of my DFW-LAX/LAX-DFW flights have had ice cream and shrimp. They've all been enhanced to cookies.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:50 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Without None of my DFW-LAX/LAX-DFW flights have had ice cream and shrimp. They've all been enhanced to cookies.
We have definitely been enhanced on DFW-LAX. Not to mention DFW-MIA.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
overall i'm pretty impressed how AA has maintained such decent meal services while in BK. i remember delta pulled out all glassware in F during BK and drinking white wine in-flight from those plastic cups.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Served DFW-BOS last week
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Flight AA2307 DFW - SJC

11/3, we were offered Gnocchi or Chicken Marsala. I choose to be the Ginnie Pig and had the gnocchi. It came with a salad and chilled prawns, Ice Cream Sunday as a dessert. For an in flight meal I though it was good. The FA were also very generous with the beverage service. In all the service was excellent, thanks AA.^^^
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
overall i'm pretty impressed how AA has maintained such decent meal services while in BK. i remember delta pulled out all glassware in F during BK and drinking white wine in-flight from those plastic cups.
I mean its not like glasses are provided as an altruistic courtesy. Its part of making the F experience something worth buying. Whether DL's cut was positive or negative for the bottom line is unknown. But it may just be different philosophies as to what should be cut. That said, AA has never had a cash problem during BK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.