Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
MAR 2013
JFK-LAX
First Class
Lunch

Starter
Marinated cheese antipasto

Salad
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables

Pepper cream dressing
or
Premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads

Entrees

Mango Cilantro Chicken
Served with mango ginger vinaigrette,
roasted asparagus, and sweet potato hash

Grilled Salmon Niçoise Salad
Accompanied by chilled ratatouille

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream served with your choice of
hot fudge, butterscotch, or seasonal berry toppings
whipped cream and pecans

LIGHT REFRESHMENT

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
MAR 2013
LAX-JFK
Business Class
Dinner

Starter

Mojito shrimp with somen noodles

Salad

Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables

Classic Caesar dressing
or
Premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Chile cucumber salad

Assorted gourmet breads

Entrees

Panko Crusted Chicken
Served with lemon thyme sauce
roasted rosemary baby potatoes and vegetables

Cheese Ravioli
Complemented by tomato cream sauce

Dessert
Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings,
whipped cream and pecans

Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Surprised that on AA 85 JFK/SFO there was a separate snack of fruit cup in addition to the pre arrival cookie.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Glad to see that the marinated cheese antipasto has not disappeared from 3-class AFS F! Sadly, it is gone from IFS....
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Looks like they're still mixing the blue and grey tray linens back and forth...any idea if there's a rhyme or pattern to it?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
JFK-SFO
AA79, B767-200
Business
9:30A-12:55P (scheduled)
9:55A-12:57P (actual)
April 20, 2013
Brunch, Light Refreshment

PDB - Water, OJ

Breakfast Breads

Entrees

Santa Fe Breakfast Panini
with Monterey Jack and herb omelette, chorizo sausage, sauteed red onions and mushrooms, served with roasted tomato and corn salsa

Oatmeal
with fresh berries and brown sugar

Prior to Arrival

Gourmet Cheese Plate
an assortment of fine cheese and garnishes

Cookies
freshly baked on board
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
ORD-LAX
AA1445, 737-800
First
3:15P-5:45P (scheduled)
3:13P-5:30P (actual)
April 19, 2013
Lunch

PDB - Not offered

Warm mixed nuts

Beef (mashed potatoes, greenbeans and sauce)
Chicken Salad

Baked on board breads

Cookies (chocolate chip or oatmeal cranberry)

Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
MIA-SJU
Breakfast
Boeing 757
Old configuration
Business

I scored a battlefield upgrade on this full flight! ^

No PDB

Hot scented towel to begin.

Drink of choice after takeoff, followed by choice of entrees. Choice was cereal or a cheese and egg quesadilla.

I had the quesadilla, which was okay, though not nearly as good or substantive as the other breakfast options. There were 2 slices of the quesadilla, accompanied by potatoes and sausage.

A small fruit plate and choice of biscuit were also served on the tray.

SJU-MIA
Breakfast
Boeing 757 Old Configuration
Business

Choice of egg strata or cereal.

PDB of OJ, champagne, or water. I had both the OJ and champagne and made myself a pretty decent Mimosa! ^^

Hot scented towel after takeoff.

I chose the egg strata in advance, though my order wasn't acknowledged. Good thing I took FEBO into account.

The egg strata was delicious, IMHO, and was accompanied by potatoes and sausage. Choice of biscuit and muffin, and a small fruit plate on the side.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AZbba
Does anyone know if the LAX-HNL/OGG flights also have the Sundae for lunch? Have two lunch flights 253 and 254 coming up. And is 253 really a lunch flight with a departure of 9am? It says it is...
Flew AA253 LAX-OGG this past Saturday and yep, it's a lunch flight...had our choice of mac nut chicken or pasta. And good news...the flight included sundaes with choice of toppings or cheese plate. I did the sundae while everyone else in my party did the cheese. The sundae was definitely the better choice compared to their "Brie flavored cheese."
Old Apr 25, 2013, 5:40 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I had the Shrimp and Grits again on PHL-DFW this past Sunday. It's the most amazingly southern and delectable meal ever served on a domestic route and yes, I'm an expert on Cajun cuisine. Word of advice: bring your own packet of Tony Cachere's (or Serendipity, if you can't get Tony's) seasoning for that just-right flavor.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA and UA aluminium foil, Hilton gold
The kids are asking what the "snack" is on the red-eye from KOA to LAX AA246. Last I heard/read it was the Pizza - anything new?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I had the Shrimp and Grits again on PHL-DFW this past Sunday. It's the most amazingly southern and delectable meal ever served on a domestic route and yes, I'm an expert on Cajun cuisine. Word of advice: bring your own packet of Tony Cachere's (or Serendipity, if you can't get Tony's) seasoning for that just-right flavor.
I agree, I love southern food, but many on this board do not, will be interesting to see if AA keeps this one around.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nadaranch
The kids are asking what the "snack" is on the red-eye from KOA to LAX AA246. Last I heard/read it was the Pizza - anything new?
I can confirm that an Uno's pizza is the snack on the OGG-LAX redeye - wouldn't surprise me if KOA-LAX were the same.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I agree that the shrimp 'n grits was an excellent meal - I posted a picture of it in my recent trip report, but I'll repost it here since it was pointed out to me that no one else has posted it yet.

Old Apr 26, 2013, 3:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I know I've only been living in the south for three years but I have to say that's the oddest looking shrimp n' grits I've ever seen. Usually it looks more like:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.