Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by aw
With new dishes appearing on mid-con segments, why on earth hasn't AA introduced some new items on its transcon lunch/dinner flights? The Cajun chicken on corn salad or prosciutto with cantaloupe "gerber" appetizers are getting tired.
Did someone say cajun chicken on corn salad?

AA 85
JFK-SFO
3:30PM-7:06PM (sked)
4:09PM-7:14PM (actual)
March 18, 2013
Lunch
PDB: Water, OJ, and "champagne"

Menu identical to FlyerBeek's flight in Post #244 except for the salad dressing. A poppy seed dressing was boarded instead of the pepper cream.

Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
re SFO777

SFO777
AA EXP, Delta PM, AS MVPG, EK Gold, TK Elite

THANKS for all your contributions.

This member always has excellent posts and great photos... and he does a whole lotta flyin' and a whole lotta airline food eatin'!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
AA 2034
PHX-MIA
10:55p-5:55a ("overnight")
March 16
Refreshment. Or beverage. Or....yeah. Not listed.

PDB: Anything you wanted, surprisingly.

Nuts served with oatmeal cranberry cookie. I'll take worst combo for $500, Alec.

Maybe I'm insane, but i'd love for them to sub a breakfast snack on this route....
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by FitTraveler
SFO777

This member always has excellent posts and great photos... and he does a whole lotta flyin' and a whole lotta airline food eatin'!
And a heckuva nice guy too. Met him on a SJC-ORD flight once and he is class act all around.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kreative03
AA 2034
PHX-MIA
March 16

Nuts served with oatmeal cranberry cookie. I'll take worst combo for $500, Alec.

Maybe I'm insane, but i'd love for them to sub a breakfast snack on this route....
The morning flight is MUCH better as well as the evening flight MIA-PHX. Two of the best AA meals I haven't had...
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kreative03
AA 2034
PHX-MIA
March 16

That's disappointing. Compare that to what DL served me last year on an ANC-SLC flight, which incidentally is a mere 125 miles longer and also left at 1:12 AM:

Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10
That's disappointing. Compare that to what DL served me last year on an ANC-SLC flight, which incidentally is a mere 125 miles longer and also left at 1:12 AM:

AA's meals exceed DL EXCEPT on JFK-SFO/LAX flights. And on red-eyes, I could care less as I never eat it. On balance, I'll still take AA in a heart beat.

And that's a terrible looking meal - two pieces of cheap, processed ham?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FitTraveler
SFO777
Thanks FltTraveler and WChou for your kind comments.
Hope to see you on another flight soon.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sts603
AA's meals exceed DL EXCEPT on JFK-SFO/LAX flights. And on red-eyes, I could care less as I never eat it. On balance, I'll still take AA in a heart beat.

And that's a terrible looking meal - two pieces of cheap, processed ham?
That would actually be cheap processed TURKEY!

Still, I'll take a crappy sandwich over nothing, I'd rather have the option to have food.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
MAR 2013
JFK-LAX
Lunch

Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:47 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Late March
Westbound midcon
Breakfast flight

- Cereal with fruit
- Breakfast quesadilla with eggs, cheddar, and turkey bacon; side of salsa, roasted potatoes, and smoked chicken sausage.

(Great, attentive flight attendant in F. Full PDB during boarding process, then drink orders for post-takeoff were taken right after doors closed at gate!)

Late March
Westbound midcon
Lunch flight

- Moroccan lemon chicken served with basmati rice, grilled asparagus, and mango chutney
- Steak salad served with pepper cream dressing and hard-boiled eggs
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
03.29.13, LAX-IAD, breakfast

03.29.13, LAX-IAD (737, new seats, new livery!), 9:00 departure, breakfast

This is probably the WORST service I have encountered in AA first.

Typically, this route gets full transcon service. But on this route, thanks to lazy FAs:
1. No sparkling mine/mimosa tray (even though boarding was done 10 min. early, the FAs chose to chat in the galley about now boarding was done so early instead of do any PDBs)
2. I watched the two first class FAs take the menus and say "we don't need these!" and shove them in a cart instead of handing them out.
3. One FA, who I shall call "bird's nest" since that is what her hair and wrinkled uniform looked like, came around with a plastic bin from the cart and had us pick a bottle of water out of the bin.

We took off. As the FAs moved the carts in the galley around about 10,000 times, once we hit cruising altitude (not before) beverages were offered. The FA came up to me and called me by the WRONG first name (not last name) and then, when corrected, said "I'm not wearing my glasses" (instead of, say, "sorry" or "I apologize" or even "oops!")

Breakfast (remember, no menus) was described as either:
1. Oatmeal, or
2. "An egg/sausage THINGY"

The "thingy" turned out to be an egg/sausage panini. Before I tell you how it was, let me describe how breakfast was served. When reaching over me to give the tray to my seatmate, the FA picked the OJ off the tray...and then dumped it all over my seatmate (who, thankfully, was wearing her blanket). She then half-a**ed wiping it up; the result was sticky OJ all over the armrest throughout the flight.

The panini was gross. WAY too much bread, dry and chewy, no sauce. Oddly, our breakfast bread choice was a HALF-bagel (not heated).

Beverages were not refilled (on a transcon!); instead, the FAs gabbed in the galley. When I went to the bathroom, I noticed that one of them was reading one of the "for DUMMIES" book and thought to myself "well, that's about right." I did enjoy overhearing them chat about how they love breakfast flights "because they are so easy...no sundaes or any of that."

Cookies were served about an hour before landing...but no mints (even though the bag of mints was sitting on the galley counter).

As we left the plane, another passenger asked bird's nest "is this a new plane" (I presume because it had the new livery). Bird's next rolled her eyes and said "it's JUST a new PAINT JOB" and then proceeded to return to looking at her cell phone (not even thanking this man for flying) as the passengers deplaned.

Thumbs DOWN.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Sounds like a senior crew mailing it in. I'd complain, but just state the facts.
You'll get a few 1,000 miles and maybe someone will get written up.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dcfrequentflyer
03.29.13, LAX-IAD (737, new seats, new livery!), 9:00 departure, breakfast

This is probably the WORST service I have encountered in AA first.

I agree with SFO777 let AA know, it is one thing to come to FT and ..... about it, but write AA and let them know of the unprofessional attitude of the FA's. Since you had plenty of time to come on FT to write this, you can spend the same amount of time letting AA know. NOTHING will change unles people notify AA of this...
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
04.01.13, DCA-DFW, snack

04.01.13, DCA-DFW (MD-80), 4:00p departure, snack

Hot nuts

Choice of:
1. Roast beef wrap
2. Buffalo chicken salad

I had the salad--just fine.

Cookies followed.

Excellent service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.