Wiki Posts
Search

New First Class Amenity Kit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
New First Class Amenity Kit

AA will introduce new First Class amenity kits on December 1st. The case is neoprene and designed to hold an iPad, as apparently many people complained that there was no use for the current generation of bags after the flight. We were told it had slightly upgraded contents, but the only difference I can see from the current F/J kit is the addition of a microfiber cloth for glasses/phones etc.

Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Same junk, new wrapper.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Very snazzy!!! I'm guessing it is for First Class only? Or will Business get it as well?

(it would be the first time in a long while that AA went to the effort to differentiate the amenity kits for the different premium classes of service)

Oh, and where did you get an advance copy of the kit? The black tabletop looks like one of the ones near the buffet area at the JFK FL....and the glass looks suspiciously like one of the FL glasses too!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Very snazzy!!! I'm guessing it is for First Class only? Or will Business get it as well?

(it would be the first time in a long while that AA went to the effort to differentiate the amenity kits for the different premium classes of service)

Oh, and where did you get an advance copy of the kit? The black tabletop looks like one of the ones near the buffet area at the JFK FL....and the glass looks suspiciously like one of the FL glasses too!
It is for First only. I don't know if they are changing the J kits, but I think not based on the way this was presented. The Facebook EXP group had "cocktails and conversation" at the DFW A AC last night with Rob Friedman (VP, Marketing) and Jim Moses (Managing Director, Premium Services) and all attendees were given these kits.

The picture is from a table near the bar at the DFW C AC (where I'll be for the next hour).
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:25 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by ESpen36

The thread title New "First" class..... Contains a clue to which cabin gets the kit.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Same junk, new wrapper.
What would you like to see in these kits? Ponies?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by sukn
how about darts (so I can throw them at people who feel the need to trim their fingernails and toenails on planes).
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
how about darts (so I can throw them at people who feel the need to trim their fingernails and toenails on planes).
I would prefer kids Xanax to give the kid whose parents park their little monster in the seat behind me and kicks the partition the entire flight. It happened twice this year. Put those kids back in coach.

Seriously though, I miss the Burt's Bees stuff. AA went completely cheap on that. It really isn't going to cost them that much more to put a decent brand in those kits. This gas station special stuff that's in those kits now is so cheap and bad it's not even worth using.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by blakepilot
I would prefer kids Xanax to give the kid whose parents park their little monster in the seat behind me and kicks the partition the entire flight. It happened twice this year. Put those kids back in coach.

Seriously though, I miss the Burt's Bees stuff. AA went completely cheap on that. It really isn't going to cost them that much more to put a decent brand in those kits. This gas station special stuff that's in those kits now is so cheap and bad it's not even worth using.
Coach or J/F, monsters are certainly not appreciated.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by blakepilot
Seriously though, I miss the Burt's Bees stuff. AA went completely cheap on that.
Exactly. The Burt's Bees lotion and lipbalm were the only parts of the kits I really liked (and I still have a dozen or so from past amenity kits squirreled away at home). I also wouldn't mind seeing socks that are made out of something more sturdy than medical gauze, an eye mask with a strap accommodating anything bigger than a croquet ball, and Hearos Xtreme earplugs (just a few cents more, but soooo much better than the cheapo yellow ones).
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
[QUOTE=BrewerSEA;19696963] We were told it had slightly upgraded contents, but the only difference I can see from the current F/J kit is the addition of a microfiber cloth for glasses/phones etc.

That microfiber cloth for cleaning glasses is my favorite thing in UA GlobalFirst kit, happy to see its coming to AA First
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
Can I ask what said Facebook EXP group is and where to find it?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by sukn
Personally, this is not going to make me like more AA's F.

Waste of money (on AA's part, if they spent any money on this)

Reportedly, some F flights are not even getting PJs, bedtopper, etc.

Better invest their money in making their product more consistent than in re-designing amenity kits.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Well, I don't think the new kit looks world classy at all. So many other airlines do it better.

Best kit I've had in a long time was Virgin Upper Class but they reduced the quality of that kit.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
Originally Posted by imagineertobe
Can I ask what said Facebook EXP group is and where to find it?
Ditto, and I searched and didn't find anything but a group that I already belong to called AAdvantage Elite

Somebody invite me please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.