AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation

Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by grahampros
AA really has no choice to move away from the polished aluminum since it's not possible on the upcoming Airbus narrow bodies and 787 ( if and when those orders ever get confirmed).
Switching from polished aluminum to silver colored paint would be easy and wouldn't impact anything else in the livery/branding. Just slap the same stripes, typeface, logo, etc. on silver paint instead of bare aluminum.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by Herb687
Switching from polished aluminum to silver colored paint would be easy and wouldn't impact anything else in the livery/branding. Just slap the same stripes, typeface, logo, etc. on silver paint instead of bare aluminum.
Likely too expensive a proposition.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by grahampros
Likely too expensive a proposition.
Compared to a complete overhaul of livery and branding???

Last edited by Herb687; Oct 25, 2012 at 4:23 pm Reason: spelling
Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Herb687
Compared to a complete ovehaul of livery and branding???
My thoughts exactly; a complete rebrand would be quite expensive.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Torgen
Makes me think of US.
The person who did this design has stated clearly on a different forum that this livery was just a 'play' idea. No more no less.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:32 am

Understanding that the new 787 is made of a composite material, I can understand why AA would want to standardize the fleet. That said, I thought I had read several years ago that the reason AA didn't do a full paint job on their aircraft was for weight reasons. By not painting their aircraft, they saved several hundreds of pounds, thus saving fuel. If this is true, I don't see them pulling the older aircraft off line just to paint them.

I am just hopeful this has nothing to do with the US talks.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Only about 6 weeks until the new 77W deployment. was wondering shouldn't Boeing be making a delivery soon.

It's still on the flight line looking all the same.

I think it's the one infront of the CZ and QR 787s parked head to head with the State of Kuwait 747-8i

See here: http://paineairport.com/images/fl102612.jpg

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:16 am Reason: replace oversized image with image link - http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q103
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:14 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The 77W picture may not be current since this is the State of Kuwait 747-8i posted 5 days ago.

Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by dayone
The 77W picture may not be current since this is the State of Kuwait 747-8i posted 5 days ago.
The Kuwaiti 747-8i looks the same to me in the panorama, at least the vertical stabilizer does. Can't see much of the rest of the aircraft.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dayone

but the panorama is the latest tho. or is it?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Fanjet
No it's not. AA's livery is classic. Even coca-cola realized that sometimes it isn't better to change the look.
Well, not anymore. Because the old livery is in the past. It is no longer exists.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
Love the Boeing train videos !

Thx to all who provided the links to Paine field.
Despite the obvious interest in Boeing aircraft, I was pleasantly surprised to see the train videos, particularly the B 737 fuselages, less wings obviously, exiting the tunnel...please keep us posted on the livery change, it may be our first indication of a major change at AA.....
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator action

pineapplejet's huge panoramic image rendition was causing problems with the FlyerTalk display and was replaced by a link to the photo, which you can expand to full size by clicking on it when you arrive at that page. (Be sure to check it out - awesome photo!)

Just as a reminder:

Posting of Images - link to this guideline
FlyerTalk welcomes members to embed non-animated images in certain forums. All images must meet community standards, must convey relevant on-topic information and are allowed only in posts and not in signature lines. Images should be as small as needed to get the point across without being overbearing. Images that are offensive, irrelevant or violate the TOS will be removed and posters of such images may be subject to disciplinary action including, but not limited to, loss of image-posting privileges in one or more forums. Posters are responsible for the content of images embedded in their posts whether it is the image intended to be and/or originally posted or not.
/Moderator
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
" (Be sure to check it out - awesome photo!)"

you are correct....awesome !
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
pineapplejet's huge panoramic image rendition was causing problems with the FlyerTalk display and was replaced by a link to the photo, which you can expand to full size by clicking on it when you arrive at that page. (Be sure to check it out - awesome photo!)

Just as a reminder:

/Moderator
Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.