Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Well, not anymore. Because the old livery is in the past. It is no longer exists.
Um... what are you talking about?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by Travelsonic
Um... what are you talking about?
N830MH is trying to tell you that AA are about to announce a new livery scheme.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
This just went up on the AA.com site in Brazil.
New Airbus 319 wallpaper. Looks like the new livery will be much like the current, swapping the polished look for a matte grey look!

(See wallpaper at) http://www.aa.com.br/content/images/...p_1600_f09.jpg)

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 6, 2012 at 11:24 am Reason: replace oversized image, leave link to same
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
That's just the translation of the original marketing materials from when they placed the order. I suspect the point of a rebrand will be so it looks different to the average customer. :-)

It sounds like we will have an announcement within the month because those 77W's are due for a finished paint job soon. I recall that with TWA they were able to keep it under wraps (literally, their teaser ads were a graphic of a plane under a giant canvas) by using computer generated images for the announcement and ads before the first repainted DC-9 rolled out.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator action

The delay to AA's inaugural 777-323ER flight, DFW-GRU, 31 January 2013, is being discussed in the (newly renamed) AA Announces Initial Boeing 777-300ER / "77W" Schedule [delayed to 31 Jan 2013] thread. Please continue the discussion there.

Posts regarding the delay have been moved there.

/Moderator
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:58 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
According to a reliable source, this appears to be the new livery:
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Looks suspiciously like one of the fantasy liveries I've seen over on childrentalkingaboutairplanes.net.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Looks suspiciously like one of the fantasy liveries I've seen over on childrentalkingaboutairplanes.net.
Has been brought up here a few times too. I wonder what the 'reliable sources' are? I'm sure that any new livery will be a closely guarded secret with strict penalties for anyone in the know breaking a non-disclosure agreement.

Rather than fuel or tune in to speculation I'm just going to wait till anything's presented.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Dayone posted the same on 25 October. The entire page can be seen here - designs by Anthony Harding: http://anthony-harding.com/?p=156

He also said
Originally Posted by Anthony Harding
“I wanted to see if I could create an effective evolution of the current brand. I wanted a bold new look for American Airlines, one that looks classy, distinguished, and ultra-modern with highly geometric, sharp angles and a metallic feel that creates a sense of strength and security. I evolved the Scissor Eagle logo to a more abstract form. The new “Eagle” is not just an abstract eagle, but also an abstract representation of the American flag. The overall brand beyond the livery would take heavy influence from timeless Art Deco, Gothic and neo-Art Deco design which symbolizes American strength, freedom, and an overall classicism that distinguishes the brand from the competition.”
as his justification.

But it doesn't really convince me AA will begin looking like Aeroflot.

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by evanderm
Has been brought up here a few times too. I wonder what the 'reliable sources' are? I'm sure that any new livery will be a closely guarded secret with strict penalties for anyone in the know breaking a non-disclosure agreement.

Rather than fuel or tune in to speculation I'm just going to wait till anything's presented.
Absolutely.

I've seen far too many people claiming to have contradictory inside knowledge here and elsewhere to believe any of them. I'll wait and see.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Is the goal to eliminate the current red/white/blue scheme? Yes, those colors are still present, but in a much less obvious way.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Is the goal to eliminate the current red/white/blue scheme? Yes, those colors are still present, but in a much less obvious way.
Just the red....ink.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Doesn't look too bad actually. However I was hoping they'd return to the 1960's era branding.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
a new video of boeing flightline was posted and AA's bird is no where to be seen now. The seats caused a 7 week delay so presumably they are painting it and installing J and Y seats, and testing it? Just waiting for the F seats to come in and voila we are good to go?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by pineapplejet
a new video of boeing flightline was posted and AA's bird is no where to be seen now. The seats caused a 7 week delay so presumably they are painting it and installing J and Y seats, and testing it? Just waiting for the F seats to come in and voila we are good to go?
2nd AA 777-300 makes it's first flight.

http://boeing-test-flights.blogspot.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.