Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by NYCQuaker
That is American Apparel Airways. Uniforms would get cheaper and the flight attendants would be underage.

Whatever that tail is boys it is going to be different. RIP shiny metal birds I will miss thee.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NDFan
Why does it have so few windows between doors 1 and 2, total of nine?
Looks like the F cabin will have three windows per row, but the small J cabin in front of door 2 will only have three windows for two rows. Yuck.
Looking at some pix of other 777-300s: BA and EK have 14 windows between doors 1 & 2, and CX and AF have 13.
I'm not certain, but it looks to me like ductwork runs along row 3 (first row of J), row 4 has windows and then the remaining space ahead of the 2L door will be the accessible lav. Row 3 may not have much of a view, but looks desirable nonetheless.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Nope, that's a later A300, after they decided to change the livery to mostly silver. Original, iirc, were as depicted - light grey all over.

The white tail is - interesting, to say the least.

Originally Posted by evanderm
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA, HH
two more pictures of American Airlines N717AN on the flightline.

http://kpae.blogspot.com/
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
The white tail is - interesting, to say the least.
Originally Posted by pineapplejet
...gray fuselage and white tail fin...
Is that really a white tail? Or is it some sort of protective shrink-wrap?

Look closely... the tail section isn't completely white. It looks like there's some cutouts under the horizontal stabilizer that are grey that make the white look like shrink-wrap. This would make sense if the tail (or at least rudder) have already been painted and they're trying to keep it under "wraps". I made a funny.

Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marrott Platinum, Hertz PC
I'm hoping they just haven't yet applied the chrome paint and exact same classic livery. Update the inside if you must, but keep the blue. You should know this is coming from someone who's car has a mostly navy blue interior.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:04 am

This is hot! Rooting for this one!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IMO, it makes AA look like a subsidiary of Aeroflop.

Originally Posted by Bachovas
This is hot! Rooting for this one!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In related news, AA has ordered an additional 77W for a total of 14.

Source: 10-Q filed this morning.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: AA, SW
Originally Posted by TTopJohn
I'm hoping they just haven't yet applied the chrome paint and exact same classic livery. Update the inside if you must, but keep the blue. You should know this is coming from someone who's car has a mostly navy blue interior.
I was hoping that too, but they have applied the registration number and equipment codes already. That means that gray is the base coat we are going to see.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
N717AN had its first taxi test and flight. More unobstructed view of the aircraft and take off video.

I kinda like the base paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x-owRtLop08
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by pineapplejet
N717AN had its first taxi test and flight. More unobstructed view of the aircraft and take off video.

I kinda like the base paint.

<redacted>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x-owRtLop08
Those engines sound very nice, different than current ones, at least to my ears.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 25, 2012 at 10:19 am Reason: deleted repeated photo embeds
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
My 2 cents.....the 'projected' tail logo looks too much like Delta's..hope not !
The LOT 787 wings really arched upward on rotation, thanks for the link.
Its somewhat SAD that AA is so late in the game with airlines like LOT, South China and others already flying the new birds....AA used to be the First to be the Best......
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by aafreq
My 2 cents.....the 'projected' tail logo looks too much like Delta's..hope not !
The LOT 787 wings really arched upward on rotation, thanks for the link.
Its somewhat SAD that AA is so late in the game with airlines like LOT, South China and others already flying the new birds....AA used to be the First to be the Best......
And Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Qatar, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air Pacific, Singapore Air, Thai Airways, Transaero and etc.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
And Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Qatar, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air Pacific, Singapore Air, Thai Airways, Transaero and etc.
True, and ouch.

To be fair, the American airlines haven't exactly been spending the capital on new international birds over the last couple of years. Not every airline can route large amounts of LH traffic through one big hub like most of the airlines above, either.

I've flown on the KL and AF 77W's, and they are nice birds. Hopefully I will get on an AA one sometime soon (hopefully in the new F!).

Whatever the new livery, I am excited to see the AA 77W's in service soon. AA hopefully comes up with a nice, fresh design so that these planes get noticed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.