Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Experiences being AAirpass corporate representative? Suggestions?

Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat

Wondering if anyone has info on this (or can point me to a thread where this has already been answered)- I'm looking into being the designated travel rep for AAirpass for my company of about 1,200 and growing. We currently have no formal management of our company travel, but we're outgrowing the policy. I'm curious as to what benefits there are or tips for managing the program best, issues people have had, etc? Also, has anyone had this position and noticed personal benefits when traveling? Also, feel free to message with responses instead.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Since brp may be otherwise occupied, allow me...

Consolidated thread on this topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...idated-21.html

(Search term {aairpass})
Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:00 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by dayone
Since brp may be otherwise occupied, allow me...

Consolidated thread on this topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...idated-21.html

(Search term {aairpass})
Are the OP's questions actually answered in that thread?

It's been a while since I read it (and I did read the entire thread to assemble the wiki page on the topic), but I recall that the discussion pertains to use of AAirpass rather than management of it.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Okay, let me clarify here. I wasn't asking for an overview of how the program works, that I can research for myself. I guess my question should have been 'does anyone here have experience being a corp rep for the program for a mid-size company?'. I'm likely adding this to existing job duties, so I'd like any advice on what to expect if anyone has any? If this isn't an appropriate question for this forum, I understand.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's about AAirpass and it's appropriate. It's got a quite different slant than the existing thread, as well, so we (the forum moderators) feel it's not the best idea to merge at this time (sometimes we allow a thread to exist and merge it later if we feel the membership is best served that way).

I'm not sure anyone here has the experiences to share, but it is quite possible - and as it's close to New Year's it's also a fairly slow forum right now. I'd go ahead and contact AAirpass to start - I have known a couple of AA AAirpass reps and they have been very helpful. IMO a good start is to call and speak with a rep - (800) 433–6355.

If you can share your experience, so much the better for those members who may be in a position to contemplate such a move for their company as well.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

JDiver- thank you for re-naming this, I appreciate it. I'll go ahead and get in touch with the AAirpass reps as suggested. When and if I have personal experiences with this position I will, of course, report back as well.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Shoot me a PM
Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I would imagine that if you become the corporate contact for AA and your company is doing any reasonable level of travel, you'll become CK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.