Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
interesting we have a registered dietitian that is looking out for our benefit...

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Aren't smaller portions good? I'm not saying seven layer dip is particularly good for you but I'm glad AA is making the meals smaller. The portion sizes as is are too large and many lack the discipline to eat just enough so they are comfortably full but feel the need to indulge while in the air. Even AA breakfast if you have a muffin (easily 300+ calories there), omelet/strata/quiche/quesadilla (add on 500-750 easily), and all the butter/jam people like to use you can easily clock in at north of 1000 calories just on a breakfast flight. I'd much rather AA have things like Museli and fresh berries, oatmeal, rather than processed eggy dishes. Just my opinion of course. Nothing against serving eggs on the plane, but if they do it should be like CX/LH/SQ made to order and prepared to your specifications.

Everyone here seems to be wanting meat with their breakfast too, that would easily push things up to 1500-1800 neighborhood. For the record I'm not overweight, on a diet or anything I just try and eat responsibly which AA makes it very difficult to do. Other carriers have healthy items on their in-flight menus but AA doesn't seem interested in doing so. I'd much rather save my occasional indulgences for a good restaurant on the ground or my flights on other carriers like LX or NH than have AA's offerings.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
interesting we have a registered dietitian that is looking out for our benefit...
Care to dispute any of the facts I posted?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
Disclaimer: My SO was on this flight, not me

AA #877 - FLL to DFW
12:00 p.m. Lunch flight

Choice of (based on her descriptions)
- salad w/ chicken & nuts I don't like (I'm assuming she meant pecans)
or
- shrimp w/ polenta (might have been grits)
Would have been grits. Had that the other day MIA-BOS and enjoyed it.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
I've never understood why people complain so much about the food. When I flew on company dime I enjoyed it. Maybe because I wasn't paying for it...
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Um, no, however, I didn't ask you to speak for me and how I eat, and it appears I'm not the only one who thinks this. We are all adults (well age wise) and we can make our own decision when it comes to what we eat and how much we eat. Granted, some people have a problem saying no to some foods, and we are all guilty of this, but I do not need you to speak for me.

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Care to dispute any of the facts I posted?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
ORD-DEN
AA 353
MD-80
8:45p-10:15p (sked)
9:40p-11:18p (actual)
October 4, 2012
WiFi, No PDB
Snack

First time with the new menu selections. Choices were hummus and veggie plate or open face chicken sandwich.
After stuffing myself all day courtesy of BA, it was simple and adequate. Hummus was tasty. Didn't look like the grapes were washed though.

Last edited by SFO777; Oct 5, 2012 at 5:18 am
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by SFO777
open face chicken sandwich
I thought they were getting rid of those nasty sandwiches. I guess not
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:21 am

AA Flight 1016
STL - LGA

Last Friday, September 28th. The flight was scheduled for 6:05pm CST departure, with delay until 6:45pm. We boarded on time based on delayed departure and then sat on the runway for another half hour or so due to weather delays at LGA. First was half empty, so I was seated by myself. The FA offered pre-departure beverages. I had gotten a glass of wine in the terminal, so opted for plain water, but she was more than happy to mix drinks for the other passengers who asked. While waiting on the runway, the FA came through to take drink and dinner orders. Choice was some type of a chicken dish (I didn't pay much attention to the type since I don't eat meat) or a cheese tortellini, which I opted for. Salad was fine with ceasar dressing, entree was cheese tortellini with mushroom cream sauce. Not too bad and the FA came around with warm rolls. The cheesecake served with dinner was a "turtle" cheesecake and disgustingly sweet.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by NotAFreqFlyer
AA Flight 1016
STL - LGA

Last Friday, September 28th. The flight was scheduled for 6:05pm CST departure, with delay until 6:45pm. We boarded on time based on delayed departure and then sat on the runway for another half hour or so due to weather delays at LGA. First was half empty, so I was seated by myself. The FA offered pre-departure beverages. I had gotten a glass of wine in the terminal, so opted for plain water, but she was more than happy to mix drinks for the other passengers who asked. While waiting on the runway, the FA came through to take drink and dinner orders. Choice was some type of a chicken dish (I didn't pay much attention to the type since I don't eat meat) or a cheese tortellini, which I opted for. Salad was fine with ceasar dressing, entree was cheese tortellini with mushroom cream sauce. Not too bad and the FA came around with warm rolls. The cheesecake served with dinner was a "turtle" cheesecake and disgustingly sweet.
Any pix?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by living near shamu
Any pix?
I bet it probably looked something like this:

Last edited by flyldavid; Oct 8, 2012 at 9:07 pm
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GM, Starwood PLT, Marriott Silver
PHL-MIA Worst meal EVER

Maybe this post should be somewhere else, and maybe I'm just exhausted and hungry, but I am currently en route to MIA via PHL on 469. I have never flown out of PHL but there was next to no availability from any of the NYC airports when I booked my last minute flight this morning so I hopped on the Accela and left from Philly. Was a little inconvenient but I made it work.

I won't even go into how inadequate the BA/AA Club is or the fact that I had to wait 20 minutes to use the restroom. Or the lack of glasses to consume a beverage. They had ESPN on so I was fine.

The real issue is on board. I'm seated in seat 5A and my chair is not loose so I'm happy. The FA comes around with pre-departure water and OJ, but no champagne, which I found a little odd but was too tired to request. After takeoff the FA came around with the nuts and cocktails. My favorite part of the meal is the warm nuts, so much that I make them at home. However, on this flight, the nuts were cold and tasteless. And all cashews. Disappointment.

Dinner options were salmon and ravioli. I usually take the pasta option because I don't eat meat or chicken, but tonight I thought I'd go with the fish. I asked the FA what came with the fish and she said, "it's salmon." Helpful. I was served the most pathetic looking piece of fish with rice and some overcooked broccoli (or at least I suspect it was broccoli). There was a salad with so much goopy balsamic vinaigrette that I was scraping it off the lettuce. And my roll was cold. After one bite of fish, I realized that this meal was completely inedible. And the wine tastes like bad grape juice.

I fly mostly overseas routes, domestic flagship and from LGA/JFK to MIA. Is this typical with flights from PHL or is this a new trend? I know domestic meals are usually not all that special but I don't think I've ever experienced a worse meal.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sketchbellina
My favorite part of the meal is the warm nuts, so much that I make them at home.
How do you make them?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL GM, Starwood PLT, Marriott Silver
<redacted inappropriate post>

Thank you! I don't usually complain about airplane food, but that's exactly what it is, but this was truly the worst meal I've ever experienced. However, to be nice to this "catering manager" I will tell you that the wasabi ginger salad dressing on the DFW-NRT flight is the best salad dressing I have ever had. If anyone knows where I can buy it or how to make it please let me know. I dream about it.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 5, 2012 at 7:29 pm Reason: redacted deleted post content
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:22 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
I think the BA/AA club in Philly is the best in the US excluding the flagships.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Who catered the meals? LSG SkyChefs (a division of LSG Lufthansa Service Holding AG, headquartered in Frankfurt) or Gate Gourmet (a division of Gate Group, headquartered in Zurich)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.