Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO or ORD-SNA (TX, IL, CA members) EXT TO 6/30

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:03 am

On Tuesday evening, I got my DEQM as usual, but no DRDM. Anybody else?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
I flew on June 28, but my DEQM hasn't posted yet (yes, I registered, and got DEQM credit for some earlier ORD-SFO-ORD flights). Guess I'll wait til next Tuesday...
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nall
Originally Posted by altaskier
I flew on June 28, but my DEQM hasn't posted yet (yes, I registered, and got DEQM credit for some earlier ORD-SFO-ORD flights). Guess I'll wait til next Tuesday...
Same here nada. For DEQM last year I had to wait for sometime after the promotion ended to see the bonus EQM show up. Have others reported seeing the bonus already?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Correction. Several months ago I posted an email I did actually receive from AA but all it stated was that there would a delay in getting bonus miles from DFW-SNA. It never said outright that DFW-SNA counted, it just seemed to imply it by saying there would a delay. But the very same email then provided a link to the DEQ11 promo page, which never ever said DFW-SNA would count. I didn't claim DFW-SNA would count, I only pointed out the discrepancy. (I always considered it extremely likely that DFW-SNA was simply a typo in that email.)

However, there were a small number of other posters, totally independent of my posted email, who about a month ago or so posted claims that they had received DEQ11 double (both EQM and RDM) for SNA-DFW round trips. Those reports, not the email I posted, were what got people thinking (for a while, at least) that it was counting. Here's one of them:

So does it count or not, or is it random???
An early programming mistake that was quickly fixed. I did AUS-DFW-SNA-DFW-AUS in May and got no bonus.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
I have received DEQM credit for both of my flights on 6/30.

Last edited by Trustguy; Jul 6, 2012 at 11:21 am Reason: clarification of credit granted
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
Same here.

In my case, it was for a round trip with Fri Jun 22 as the outbound and Mon Jun 25 as the inbound. The cutoff in the past has tended to be sometime on a Saturday, which is presumably why it took a week more (than if I had returned on Fri Jun 22, for example).

It was common in the past for the RDM to often take longer than the DEQM.

One thing I just realized: The cutoff before was always mid-day Saturdays (ie, the flights that posted normal miles on Sunday, not the ones that didn't post normal miles until Monday). Well, cutting off mid-day Sat Jun 30 would mean there would only be a few more hours left in the promo not covered! So such a cutoff would make no sense on Sat Jun 30, even if it always made sense before. So I expect they probably changed the cutoff so that it would catch everything flown at any hour on Jun 30, and thus the DEQM posting schedule for RTs completed in the last few days of June is likely to be different than for earlier weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.