Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Dynamic Air Awards for Elites [to be discontinued 1 April 2014]

Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
40 minutes for this website to be gone forever....I never used it as I was never able to find something that fitted my needs....
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Originally Posted by hillrider
Yawn. Proving that complex programs don't work (hear this, DL?), AA is shutting down dynamic flight award redemptions (whose price is based on the cost of buying a ticket) on 01APR14.
Turns out this was a harbinger devaluation. Dynamic awards, while based loosely on ticket prices, were always a discount to AAnytime awards. Good work Dougie, loophole closed!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingarthur
Turns out this was a harbinger devaluation. Dynamic awards, while based loosely on ticket prices, were always a discount to AAnytime awards. Good work Dougie, loophole closed!
Actually, since they were often only just a little discount to AAnytime awards back then, and since some AAnytime awards have gone down, had they kept Dynamic Aawards, they might have had cases where the Dynamic Awards were actually higher than Level 1 AAnytime awards!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Actually, since they were often only just a little discount to AAnytime awards back then, and since some AAnytime awards have gone down, had they kept Dynamic Aawards, they might have had cases where the Dynamic Awards were actually higher than Level 1 AAnytime awards!
I don't think that's really universal and was dependent on how far out you bought. For example, I got a number of Dynamic Air Awards for slightly more than an MileSaver award when no MileSaver awards were available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.