Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard - Little known benefit (ended 31 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard - Little known benefit (ended 31 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 6:25 pm
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Lightbulb CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard - Little known benefit (ended 31 Dec 2011)

Somehow, this is not mentioned anywhere on FT, so I figured I would bring it up in the main forum.

Aside from the benefit of earning AAdvantage miles on all your purchases, you can earn cash back on purchases from select companies by registering your CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard with the MasterCard Easy Savings programme. It works like OPEN from American Express, so you don't have to chase down any rebates. All rebates automatically post to your account.

For more details, visit:

http://www.mastercardeasysavings.com/citibusiness?en_US

Ironically, it will not save you anything off your American Airlines purchases, but you can save 2% on all your CO/UA purchases that are made with a registered card on Continental.com. Neat, eh?

Enjoy!
Old May 21, 2011, 10:23 pm

Wow, good find! That wasn't obvious in any of the docs that I got with the AAdvantage Business card. 1% savings at the gas station I use regularly, plus 5% on USPS...excellent!

Originally Posted by uxb
Somehow, this is not mentioned anywhere on FT, so I figured I would bring it up in the main forum.

Aside from the benefit of earning AAdvantage miles on all your purchases, you can earn cash back on purchases from select companies by registering your CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard with the MasterCard Easy Savings programme. It works like OPEN from American Express, so you don't have to chase down any rebates. All rebates automatically post to your account.

For more details, visit:

http://www.mastercardeasysavings.com/citibusiness?en_US

Ironically, it will not save you anything off your American Airlines purchases, but you can save 2% on all your CO/UA purchases that are made with a registered card on Continental.com. Neat, eh?

Enjoy!
Old May 21, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
^^^^^
Old May 22, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
It's a rebate that'll show up on your statement about 2-3 days after the initial charge posts, just so you don't expect it immediately. The USPS rebate is only for online purchases of certain products through Click-n-Ship, and not of everything you might get in a post office.

Still, it's nice to get that little extra rebate on the credit card statement when going to one of these places.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:42 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Where is the list of the various rebates?
Old May 22, 2011, 11:35 am
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Where is the list of the various rebates?
Click on the link in the OP. The list is on that page. A lot of it is rubbish, but there are a handful of good ones. Kinda like OPEN.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by StSebastian
The USPS rebate is only for online purchases of certain products through Click-n-Ship, and not of everything you might get in a post office.
So, I can't get 5% off of money orders purchased at a local Post Office? What a rip!
Old May 23, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Ive been using it for 2 months now, the rebate shows as a statement credit in less than a week. I have used the 5% Maggianos rebate twice.

It is automatic, just sign up and all is automatically done.
Old May 23, 2011, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Is there some way to tell which Mastercards are eligible other than typing in the CC #?
Old May 23, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Great find!
Old May 23, 2011, 8:22 am
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Is there some way to tell which Mastercards are eligible other than typing in the CC #?
I can say for certain that Business MasterCards are eligible. Which ones? Not as sure.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:04 pm
uxb
Original Poster

*bump*

Another thing that will disappear as a result of the CO/UA merger...

As of December 31, 2011, Continental Airlines will no longer be a participating merchant in the MasterCard Easy Savings Program. Therefore, after this date, you will no longer be eligible for MasterCard Easy Savings Program rebates on these purchases.
Get your 2% rebate before it is gone.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:45 pm

Wow, this is awesome! Thanks OP!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
DOH!

why did I get a VISA?

seems like all my cards are VISA nowadays
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:52 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Good for US Bank MC will not take a Thank You MC from Citi...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.