Go Back   > > > >

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 20, 11, 6:25 pm   #1
uxb
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JFK, FLL, BUR
Programs: BA, DL, HH (G), MR (G), SPG (LTG/PLT75), UA, UScAAre (PLT - 1,45MM), VX, WN
Posts: 4,011
Lightbulb CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard - Little known benefit (ended 31 Dec 2011)

Somehow, this is not mentioned anywhere on FT, so I figured I would bring it up in the main forum.

Aside from the benefit of earning AAdvantage miles on all your purchases, you can earn cash back on purchases from select companies by registering your CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard with the MasterCard Easy Savings programme. It works like OPEN from American Express, so you don't have to chase down any rebates. All rebates automatically post to your account.

For more details, visit:

http://www.mastercardeasysavings.com/citibusiness?en_US

Ironically, it will not save you anything off your American Airlines purchases, but you can save 2% on all your CO/UA purchases that are made with a registered card on Continental.com. Neat, eh?

Enjoy!
uxb is offline  
Old May 21, 11, 10:23 pm   #2
  
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: RDU
Posts: 352
Wow, good find! That wasn't obvious in any of the docs that I got with the AAdvantage Business card. 1% savings at the gas station I use regularly, plus 5% on USPS...excellent!


Quote:
Originally Posted by uxb View Post
Somehow, this is not mentioned anywhere on FT, so I figured I would bring it up in the main forum.

Aside from the benefit of earning AAdvantage miles on all your purchases, you can earn cash back on purchases from select companies by registering your CitiBusiness AAdvantage MasterCard with the MasterCard Easy Savings programme. It works like OPEN from American Express, so you don't have to chase down any rebates. All rebates automatically post to your account.

For more details, visit:

http://www.mastercardeasysavings.com/citibusiness?en_US

Ironically, it will not save you anything off your American Airlines purchases, but you can save 2% on all your CO/UA purchases that are made with a registered card on Continental.com. Neat, eh?

Enjoy!
HookemHorns is offline  
Old May 21, 11, 10:35 pm   #3
  
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Posts: 444
dfwflyguy is offline  
Old May 22, 11, 9:43 am   #4
  
Join Date: May 2003
Location: RDU
Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Posts: 2,579
It's a rebate that'll show up on your statement about 2-3 days after the initial charge posts, just so you don't expect it immediately. The USPS rebate is only for online purchases of certain products through Click-n-Ship, and not of everything you might get in a post office.

Still, it's nice to get that little extra rebate on the credit card statement when going to one of these places.
StSebastian is offline  
Old May 22, 11, 10:42 am   #5
Moderator, El Al and Starwood Preferred Guest
  
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: LY, AA EP-LTG, TG*G, SPG LTPlat, Hyatt/HH Dia, IC, BA, DL, MR SLV
Posts: 9,840
Where is the list of the various rebates?
yosithezet is offline  
Old May 22, 11, 11:35 am   #6
uxb
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JFK, FLL, BUR
Programs: BA, DL, HH (G), MR (G), SPG (LTG/PLT75), UA, UScAAre (PLT - 1,45MM), VX, WN
Posts: 4,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
Where is the list of the various rebates?
Click on the link in the OP. The list is on that page. A lot of it is rubbish, but there are a handful of good ones. Kinda like OPEN.
uxb is offline  
Old May 23, 11, 2:14 am   #7
  
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by StSebastian View Post
The USPS rebate is only for online purchases of certain products through Click-n-Ship, and not of everything you might get in a post office.
So, I can't get 5% off of money orders purchased at a local Post Office? What a rip!
Steve M is offline  
Old May 23, 11, 5:53 am   #8
  
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA-EXP; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; CLUB CARL CONCIERGE
Posts: 1,417
Ive been using it for 2 months now, the rebate shows as a statement credit in less than a week. I have used the 5% Maggianos rebate twice.

It is automatic, just sign up and all is automatically done.
ORD-TGU is offline  
Old May 23, 11, 7:36 am   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicagoland, IL, USA
Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 11,157
Is there some way to tell which Mastercards are eligible other than typing in the CC #?
toomanybooks is offline  
Old May 23, 11, 7:50 am   #10
  
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Posts: 2,563
Great find!
johndeere19 is offline  
Old May 23, 11, 8:22 am   #11
uxb
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JFK, FLL, BUR
Programs: BA, DL, HH (G), MR (G), SPG (LTG/PLT75), UA, UScAAre (PLT - 1,45MM), VX, WN
Posts: 4,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Is there some way to tell which Mastercards are eligible other than typing in the CC #?
I can say for certain that Business MasterCards are eligible. Which ones? Not as sure.
uxb is offline  
Old Dec 8, 11, 8:04 pm   #12
uxb
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JFK, FLL, BUR
Programs: BA, DL, HH (G), MR (G), SPG (LTG/PLT75), UA, UScAAre (PLT - 1,45MM), VX, WN
Posts: 4,011
*bump*

Another thing that will disappear as a result of the CO/UA merger...

Quote:
As of December 31, 2011, Continental Airlines will no longer be a participating merchant in the MasterCard Easy Savings Program. Therefore, after this date, you will no longer be eligible for MasterCard Easy Savings Program rebates on these purchases.
Get your 2% rebate before it is gone.
uxb is offline  
Old Dec 8, 11, 8:45 pm   #13
  
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,876
Wow, this is awesome! Thanks OP!
Ritz is offline  
Old Dec 9, 11, 8:02 pm   #14
  
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: BOS .. but soon SFO
Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Posts: 1,527
DOH!

why did I get a VISA?

seems like all my cards are VISA nowadays
stupidzbu is offline  
Old Dec 9, 11, 11:52 pm   #15
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Posts: 3,595
Good for US Bank MC will not take a Thank You MC from Citi...
satman40 is offline  
 


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 pm.

Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top